Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bypassing Parental Controls WiFi

Options
  • 14-07-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi. We have an eircom F2000 Router and my parents have programmed it to practically "turn off" at 12:00 PM. Basically what happens is I go onto any device and it says that the WiFi is on and I'm connected, but it won't load anything. I've tried changing my MAC address as well to no avail. Anyway to combat this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

They are turning off the wifi at 12:00PM for a very good reason. Even if you don't think so. I used to turn mine off at 10:00 PM during term time.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Undo what they did.. I bet they won't notice. Lol
    Leave it off for them to manually turn back on themselves.. so that they can think of that time if they realise it's on when it shouldn't be.
    Hope I made sense.

Btw, did you mean Midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

if you have the eircom username and password you could perform a factory reset (search for the specific method for that router). Usually involves holding down buttons or pressing a reset button for a certain amount of time - after that the router should have a default username and password which you can find in the manual or online.

If you don't have the login details, you could also ring eircom and using your Dads or Mothers name (whichever is appropriate) and say you need the login to set up the router

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is a war you'll lose, next they'll just take the modem itself. Midnight is reasonable enough.

Advertisement