Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lasagne in a slow cooker

Options
  • 06-06-2015 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

hey

has anyone cooked a lasagne in a slow cooker? does it make it nicer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

mrmorgan wrote: »
    hey

has anyone cooked a lasagne in a slow cooker? does it make it nicer?

There's absolutely no point to using a slow cooker to cook a whole lasagna as nearly everything cooked before you assemble it and all you're doing at the end is cooking the pasta, which would be worse off from a slow cooking process. However if you're making a ragu (the meat and tomato part) from scratch, then the meat would really benefit the use of a slow cooker if you used cuts like oxtail, boar neck, and shin of beef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Would you get those cuts minced by any butcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Frynge wrote: »
    Would you get those cuts minced by any butcher?

You wouldn't mince them. I'm on my phone so can't pull up a recipe for a good ragu (I think the two greedy Italians did an awesome one) but using a slow cooker will leave the meat stringy and unctuous, much like pulled pork, which is what any good authentic ragu should be like rather than having the minced beef texture which is quite common here

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

interesting, thanks guys

Advertisement