Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer language course Spain- Adult

Options
  • 29-04-2014 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

Could anyone recommend a Spanish language course in Spain outside of Salamanca, Valencia and Barcelona (have already done courses there).

I am mainly interested in:
    -quality of teaching and course material used
    -choice of activities outside of class
    -having fellow adult learners

Hoping to receive recommendations. I can give more detailed info on my own experiences if you PM me.

Gracias!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 woodstock1708

Hello,

I know from experience that Estudio Sampere in Madrid (near the Retiro) is highly-regarded. I took classes at their sister school in Ecuador many years ago, and my university used to send students there for classes.

For a different sort of experience, you might also check out language schools in Pontevedra, in Galicia (fly to Porto and then take a bus to Galicia - it's easy). Pontevedra is a great place to spend the hot months of July and August. I don't know of any schools there, but my best friend's father (from the UK) lives there and if you wanted, I could ask him for info.

I also know an excellent private teacher in Dublin city centre (from Toledo, Spain). Reasonable prices.

You can PM me if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Hello - SpanglishKilkenny are facilitating summer courses in Alicante (Colegio Internacional Alicante) & Castellon (Orange language school).

If you check their website, link below, you can click under "Spanish Programme Alicante" or "Spanish Programme Castellon" for more information.

http://spanglishkilkenny.webs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Hello,

I know from experience that Estudio Sampere in Madrid (near the Retiro) is highly-regarded. I took classes at their sister school in Ecuador many years ago, and my university used to send students there for classes.

For a different sort of experience, you might also check out language schools in Pontevedra, in Galicia (fly to Porto and then take a bus to Galicia - it's easy). Pontevedra is a great place to spend the hot months of July and August. I don't know of any schools there, but my best friend's father (from the UK) lives there and if you wanted, I could ask him for info.

I also know an excellent private teacher in Dublin city centre (from Toledo, Spain). Reasonable prices.

You can PM me if you like.

Hi,

Do you have more info on Estudio Sampere? I want to do a course in December. On the "Contact Us" part of their website they have feck all info.

jimmurt wrote: »
    Hi,

Do you have more info on Estudio Sampere? I want to do a course in December. On the "Contact Us" part of their website they have feck all info.

Hi,

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by feck all, but I just checked their website, and found the following on their Contact Page, which I've copied and pasted here.

http://www.sampere.com/learn-spanish/dates-prices.html

If you click the link, there are drop down boxes for you to customize what you are looking for in terms of:
    • Course
    • Course Location
    • Your approximate current level
    • Lessons / Week
    • Starting Date
    • Duration
    • Accommodation

It looks like they have courses that would suit your plans starting 30 Nov, 7 Dec and 14 Dec.

I was a Sampere student at the Cuenca, Ecuador school in 2000. I've had many friends over the years who've down Sampere programs in Salamanca and Madrid, and my university used to send students to the Madrid school.

Buena suerte!

http://www.sampere.com/learn-spanish/pdf-information.html

This was a little trickier to find, but it's got a lot of helpful info on the following topics:
    • Estudio Sampere Brochure
    • Senior Program 2015
    • Junior & Teen Winter-Spring Program in Salamanca 2015
    • Junior & Teen Summer Program in Salamanca 2015
    • Student Handbook Junior and Teens
    • Estudio Sampere Alicante Brochure
    • Estudio Sampere Cuenca Brochure 2015
    • Student Handbook Spain
    • Student Handbook Ecuador - Cuenca
    • How to get to Madrid
    • How to get to Salamanca
    • How to get to Alicante
    • How to get to Cuenca - Ecuador
    • How to get to La Habana - Cuba
    • Extensive Spanish Courses 2014-2015
    • Volunteer Programme in Ecuador
    • Volunteer Work form
    • Study and Travel in Cuba 2015

• Advertisement

Hi,

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by feck all, but I just checked their website, and found the following on their Contact Page, which I've copied and pasted here.

http://www.sampere.com/learn-spanish/dates-prices.html

If you click the link, there are drop down boxes for you to customize what you are looking for in terms of:
    • Course
    • Course Location
    • Your approximate current level
    • Lessons / Week
    • Starting Date
    • Duration
    • Accommodation

It looks like they have courses that would suit your plans starting 30 Nov, 7 Dec and 14 Dec.

I was a Sampere student at the Cuenca, Ecuador school in 2000. I've had many friends over the years who've down Sampere programs in Salamanca and Madrid, and my university used to send students to the Madrid school.

Buena suerte!

I was on an older version of their website. The new one is much better and more interactive. Also you can leave them a message, which I have done.

I was talking about the contact page specifically which is still crap on the new site (though it doesn't really matter since you can leave message).
    This is all it has:

Estudio Sampere
    Lagasca,16
    E 28001 Madrid
    Spain
    Registration data
    Volume 865 general, 822 of the 3rd section of the Companies book,
    sheet 147 meropage number 67-746 1st inscription.
    EU VAT-ID: ESA78163805

http://www.sampere.com/learn-spanish/pdf-information.html

This was a little trickier to find, but it's got a lot of helpful info on the following topics:
    • Estudio Sampere Brochure
    • Senior Program 2015
    • Junior & Teen Winter-Spring Program in Salamanca 2015
    • Junior & Teen Summer Program in Salamanca 2015
    • Student Handbook Junior and Teens
    • Estudio Sampere Alicante Brochure
    • Estudio Sampere Cuenca Brochure 2015
    • Student Handbook Spain
    • Student Handbook Ecuador - Cuenca
    • How to get to Madrid
    • How to get to Salamanca
    • How to get to Alicante
    • How to get to Cuenca - Ecuador
    • How to get to La Habana - Cuba
    • Extensive Spanish Courses 2014-2015
    • Volunteer Programme in Ecuador
    • Volunteer Work form
    • Study and Travel in Cuba 2015

Thanks for the info. I'm going to ask them about this but since you're here :pac:

How would you loosely define the levels - A1, A2, B1, B2.

I'm learning Spanish online for the past month and will continue to do so until December. If I keep that up adding reading newspapers and watching TV etc. Average learner, what level (ballpark) would I be looking at?

Advertisement