Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circuit Board Repair

Options
  • 29-05-2015 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anybody around town who could fix a tiny PCB. It's the circuit board from a car key and it's missing two resistors.

Seems like a handy job if I knew what the missing resistors were and could solder. Instead I'm looking for somebody to do it for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Bright Solutions in Limerick/Raheen Business Park - they were so nice they didn't even charge me for - as they say - "2 minute job"
    it was a renault keycard

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No answer on phone so fired off an email. Website didn't strike me as a company who'd be bothered about small jobs and car keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I worked nearby and just popped in and left it for them to have a look. collected it on the way back

edit: sure you're on the correct website? http://www.brightsolutions.ie/electronicsmanufac/reworkrepair.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

If you didn't get sorted

I can probably arrange for the resistors and a soldering Iron for you to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Joeface wrote: »
    If you didn't get sorted

I can probably arrange for the resistors and a soldering Iron for you to use.

Thanks as that other company didn't have the courtesy to reply to the e-mail.

However I found out that the circuit board has been water damaged and although the buttons were lighting up the circuit board(red light) there was no signal being sent from the board/key. I've bought a replacement used board on eBay for €22 and Lockdoctor said he would swap the memory over tomorrow. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement