Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken filet kebab

Options
  • 19-05-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So don't judge me, but for the past few weeks I've wanted to make a chicken filet kebab just like a chipper does in the pitta bread, but I don't know what sauces to use. Anyone know what they generally use? And raw cabbage and a few onions too, am I right?

Thanks for any advice for me manky meal :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Tilly wrote: »

perfect thanks! I'll have a read through that tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

perfect thanks! I'll have a read through that tonight :)

My thread! There's a chicken kebab recipe in there too, in the first 2 pages somewhere.

My thread! There's a chicken kebab recipe in there too, in the first 2 pages somewhere.

Thanks very much for putting that together! I'm gonna try the lamb at the weekend. Should I cook it for 60 in the oven? As I see some people saying 40 or 50mins is more than enough time.

Also I picked up all the spices two days ago so mostly all ready to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Check it after 40 I'd say. If it's cooked through, you're good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Damn you padraig! Found this thread earlier and of course bought ingredients at shopping and had the lamb doner tonight. It was gorgeous. Meat was ready after 45mins and sauces tasted just like chipper sauces particularly the chilli sauce while def make again soon!

Thanks Padraig! I tried it out the other night and it all came out perfect with lamb. Tasted amazing! I'll be doing that again. The sauces were exactly the same as a chipper keba. :)

I have another question, does anyone have a link on here on how to make those terribly bad for you jam-bons? wanna try give them a shot. Pastry, I know nothing about though lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks Padraig! I tried it out the other night and it all came out perfect with lamb. Tasted amazing! I'll be doing that again. The sauces were exactly the same as a chipper keba. :)

I have another question, does anyone have a link on here on how to make those terribly bad for you jam-bons? wanna try give them a shot. Pastry, I know nothing about though lol

Jambons are made with puff pastry which is way too much trouble to make, so if I was making them here's what I'd do:
    Buy some chilled ready-rolled puff pastry sheets, cut them into squares and freeze the squares you're not using with greaseproof paper or parchment between them, and you can use them in the future. Make a little 1cm border around the edge of each square by pressing a fork repeatedly around it. Fill the middle of the square with chopped ham or pieces of fried bacon and grated cheese, and bake in a preheated oven, probably 200C for about 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. You'd have to keep an eye on them after 20 minutes.

Jambons are made with puff pastry which is way too much trouble to make, so if I was making them here's what I'd do:
    Buy some chilled ready-rolled puff pastry sheets, cut them into squares and freeze the squares you're not using with greaseproof paper or parchment between them, and you can use them in the future. Make a little 1cm border around the edge of each square by pressing a fork repeatedly around it. Fill the middle of the square with chopped ham or pieces of fried bacon and grated cheese, and bake in a preheated oven, probably 200C for about 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. You'd have to keep an eye on them after 20 minutes.

Awesome, thanks for that! Just a couple questions if you don't mind, how big do I make the squares? What type of ham and cheese should I use?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've googled and this looks like a really good recipe:

http://ourquirkykitchen.com/2012/04/17/bacon-and-cheese-jambons/

• Advertisement

I've googled and this looks like a really good recipe:

http://ourquirkykitchen.com/2012/04/17/bacon-and-cheese-jambons/

Yeah I read through a good few including that one, so many ways to make them. But I wanted to just make the ham and cheese ones From spar deli's.

I gave it a bash last night, and, well, I did it! Insainly rich, so I only had 3, gave the other to my dad who loved it!

I used a small bit of cooking cream (two table spoons) with a cheader and mozzarella mix and cooked diced bacon, the bacon was way too strong so I'd use just plain sliced ham next time. Cooked in about a half hour but took me ages to get it all ready lol.

Advertisement