Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] WicklowTri Aquathon Series

Options
  • 22-05-2015 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Online entries for this year's aquathon series are available through the TI website:

Aquathons2015.png

The €40 for all 3 races deal is available at registration (in the Martello in Bray) on the first night.

Unfortunately, the dates clash with the weeks of the Pulse aquathon series - both clubs did confer before finalising dates but are both constrained by the tides.

There's also going to be junior races on Wed June 10th and Wed August 26th before the senior races (kicking off at 6pm) for those interested.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GryKyo

Hi guys,

Online entries for this year's aquathon series are available through the TI website:

The €40 for all 3 races deal is available at registration (in the Martello in Bray) on the first night.

Unfortunately, the dates clash with the weeks of the Pulse aquathon series - both clubs did confer before finalising dates but are both constrained by the tides.

There's also going to be junior races on Wed June 10th and Wed August 26th before the senior races (kicking off at 6pm) for those interested.

Hope to see you there!

So the weather forecast is absolutely perfect for the Aquathon tonight in Bray. Don't forget the fully TI sanctioned junior event starting at 6:00pm too.

Amphibian King and the Martello supporting the senior and junior events too so top notch prizes and grub as usual!

See you later

G

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Are you out in the kayak again tonight G? Hopefully the tide doesn't move on ye tonight ;)

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Are you out in the kayak again tonight G? Hopefully the tide doesn't move on ye tonight ;)

I'm course builder, then transition marshal for junior, plan to kayak for main races but no input on swim course! Just a minion :)

See you later

G

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Haven't been to Bray in years, where can I park out here? Won't make it over to marshall our own race but might be able to make it out to Bray. Was going to hit the pool this evening but I'd rather be in the sea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Haven't been to Bray in years, where can I park out here?

Once you drive over the railway lines onto the seafront there's normally loads of parking along there and it's only a short walk down to the Martello (registration). Hopefully see you later! :cool:

• Advertisement

Haven't been to Bray in years, where can I park out here? Won't make it over to marshall our own race but might be able to make it out to Bray. Was going to hit the pool this evening but I'd rather be in the sea :)

Parking is available between the harbour and promenade or along the promenade but will be busy as it is so sunny. You can go right and right again at the amusements and turn back north parallel to the promenade if you're not seeing anything, many side roads so come early take what you can would be my advice!

Parking is pay and display to 18:00 or 18:30 as far as I know so be aware of that!

See you later

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Great that there are kids races too... just gave my baby boy my spare Speedo wetsuit size L which fitted him perfectly:D...

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Great that there are kids races too... just gave my baby boy my spare Speedo wetsuit size L which fitted him perfectly:D...

There'll be kayak marshals and TI officials there to make sure we don't lose any children in the water, as well as lots of marshals on the run to make sure no-one gets lost on the run. Apparently losing children is bad... :eek:

Hats off to Wicklow Tri club for a(nother) well-organised aquathlon. Mother Nature played her part on a glorious June evening. Lovely bit of chop on the water which added to the fun.

Thanks especially for the extra effort involved in putting on the kids races- my two had a blast, and it was lovely to see all the smiling young faces after with their medals. :)

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Hats off to Wicklow Tri club for a(nother) well-organised aquathlon. Mother Nature played her part on a glorious June evening. Lovely bit of chop on the water which added to the fun.

Thanks especially for the extra effort involved in putting on the kids races- my two had a blast, and it was lovely to see all the smiling young faces after with their medals. :)

Delighted that you and the young ones enjoyed the races. Beautiful day and a fab venue. Everything just perfect bar the swell, chop and surf close to shore. The juniors had a tougher swim than the adults by a mile!

Tonight was our first TI sanctioned junior race (after many rehersals) so we just hope it was up to scratch and is reason to come back in August for our other aquathlon. Amphibian King and the Martello were good to support us so I hope you were all happy with goodie bags, prizes, swim caps etc?

See you next time?

G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

Great race as always from Wicklow Tri!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Great race last night, perfect conditions and lots of support along the course. Wicklow Tri Club always do a good job.

The smell of chips just before we headed up the hill was a killer though....:D

cjt156 wrote: »
    The smell of chips just before we headed up the hill was a killer though....:D

I know what you mean! I was on my second lap and that salt & vinegar smell hit me... I nearly stopped to try to scab some off them but it might not have been the best idea in the world... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

Any results online?

We have posted up race times for all of the Juniors competing last night. Have a look at the WTC Juniors news blog here - wicklowtri.com/juniors/

Well done all you guys. The juniors swim was considerably more difficult than the adult swim with that big swell breaking onto the shore. It was very tough but no match for the athletes. Some very strong racing last night so again, well done all.

G

GryKyo wrote: »
    We have posted up race times for all of the Juniors competing last night. Have a look at the WTC Juniors news blog here - wicklowtri.com/juniors/

Well done all you guys. The juniors swim was considerably more difficult than the adult swim with that big swell breaking onto the shore. It was very tough but no match for the athletes. Some very strong racing last night so again, well done all.

G

My son has been on a high ever since yesterday, he keeps talking about swimming through those waves, he loved it. They were the only ones swimming against the flow (for part of their race). Us primadonna adults got a tailwind all the way!

Thanks again for the extra effort in putting these junior races on, great night, can't wait for the next one and I'll try and round up a few more interested kids too.

Thanks Kurt_Godel, that's great to hear. I don't think we'll get that big sea again... well I hope we dont! Maybe just make a note that there is no Junior race in July as the promenade is just too busy during the Bray festival. Safety is our first concern.

August is the final Junior race and we'd be keen to see more visitors so yeah please, spread the word! In the meantime we're going to see can we bulk up those goodie bags for August.

I may even get to have a go in July too :)

G

Alan Rowlette took some absolutely stunning photographs of the Junior race last Wednesday. There are some very atmospheric pics in a password protected gallery. Alan will email you login credentials if you contact him with a request: info @ alanrowlette.ie

G

Does anyone know if I can get an ODL at registration on the night?
    I'd love to do this again on wednesday but may be stuck late at work. If I had my gear all set in the car I could just roll up & register.

Question is whether I should risk a tenner on the licence (don't judge - I've mouths to feed....)

• Advertisement

cjt156 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can get an ODL at registration on the night?

You can indeed! :)

Thank you kindly!

Advertisement