Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Adventure

Options
  • 13-05-2015 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm a social care graduate and have worked at home here in Ireland for two years since graduating. I am ready to move and start a new adventure. America would be first choice but lately have been thinking of Canada. Australia wouldn't be of much interest to me, I have lots of friends and family there but just don't have the desire to go, but would consider it. Would love some information on jobs in USA & Canada and how to go about applying for visa.
    Thanks P x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hooter

I'm actually a US citizen thinking of moving to Ireland for a year or so for "New adventure". I lived and worked in Japan for 2 years which was amazing. Thought making some friends on a message board might be a start. As for where to tell you to go, as I understand it, our immigration system is a real pain in the ass but it may be easier if you're coming from a european country with strong trade ties to the US. LinkedIn has become very popular for companies to use to recruit. Also head hunter services can help you find jobs. A lot will want you to already have a green card though else your job has to sponsor your work visa. Google is your friend. Try to find out what the requirements are for Irish to work in the US. Then see if you can't find a recruitment site.

Here is a start on the requirements, FAQ:
    dublin.usembassy.gov/visa-faqs.html

As for moving to Ireland. I'm kind of on the fence. Are Americans pretty well received there? Is the weather that bad all year round? (I'm from florida where its averaging 97F right now).

Advertisement