Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sonia5k.ie

Options
  • 22-04-2015 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭

Another run in Dun Laoghaire (3 this Summer)

This one is a 5k on June 13th

www.sonia5k.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I signed up yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Looking at the published route, it seems a little.... short....
    Hope they find an extra 500m! Good PB potential though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just to be a little more constructive, this route has the same start/finish point and appears to be bang on 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Joleigh

It doesn't say if its in aid of a charity or anything? the replica Olympic medal almost makes it worth €25 though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Joleigh

It starts at 7.30pm and you get an Olympic medal! Sold. I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Joleigh wrote: »
    It doesn't say if its in aid of a charity or anything? the replica Olympic medal almost makes it worth €25 though :)

It's an Athletics Ireland fund raiser I would assume

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Anyone have an idea what kind of 5km times Sonia would be hitting these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Anyone have an idea what kind of 5km times Sonia would be hitting these days?

19-20 mins seems to be her usual parkrun pace. I'd guess she's not flat out on these though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Would be some laugh crossing the line side by side with Sonia. Or passing her on the last stretch even if she was taking it easy the whole way.
    Might make this my first 5k all things going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I do think that €25 (replica medal or not)
    is getting a bit steep to run 5k, it's my home town, would love to run but Jobseekers Benefit does not stretch that far!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement