Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Cooking Club Week 14: Spicy Sichuan Chicken

Options
  • 14-04-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks. Tis me again with another recipe for your delectation.

*disclaimer here - the dish I cooked last night had some minor alterations due to me being ill over the weekend etc*

SERVES: 2
    PREP: 15mins plus marinading time
    COOK: 10mins

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips OR small chunks
    1 Teaspoon finely grated Root Ginger OR Ginger Puree
    3 Tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
    2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
    100g/3½oz unsalted, unroasted Peanuts OR Cashews
    1 Carrot, cut into matchsticks
    ½ Red Pepper, deseeded and chopped
    75g/2¾oz Sugar Snap Peas, sliced into 3 lengthways
    4 Spring Onions, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm/1in lengths
    50g/1¾oz Bean Sprouts
    2 Dried Red Chillies, deseeded and chopped very finely
    ½ Teaspoon Caster Sugar
    1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
    Egg Fried Rice to serve

METHOD:
    First of all get your Soy Sauce and Ginger into a bowl, lob in the Chicken and coat evenly. Put some cling film on the bowl and stick it in the fridge for at least an hour to marinade away.

Heat 1/2Tbsp of the Oil in a deep frying pan/wok over a high heat and stir fry the nuts until golden. Drain and set aside. *I didn't have nuts so didn't do this step

Lower heat to Med-High, add a Tbsp of the Oil and chuck in the Chicken and it's Marinade. Stir fry for 3-4mins then drain that and set aside.

Add the remaining Oil and stir-fry the Carrot and Red Pepper for a couple mins *I find you need to boil the Carrot and Peas for a couple mins first else they are still rock hard when you are eating.

Add the Peas and Spring Onions and cook for a min, then add the Beansprouts and cook for another minute.

Return the Chicken and Nuts to the pan, add the Chillis. Sprinkle the Sugar over and add the Vinegar. Cook for about 3mins tossing to combine.

You can add some more Soy Sauce if you want.

Serve with some Egg fried rice.

*There were pics for this but my computer is being a cute hooooor so...

Enjoy folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Yum Yum, thanks!

Loire

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

7ES8AV.jpg

Very tasty, thanks hdowney :)

I think I may have drained too much of the soy sauce from the chicken as it was a little dry. Definitely trying this again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Oh my god that looks divine. NOM. You can always add some more soy sauce towards the end if you think it needs it *future tip* :)

Advertisement