Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abrtan Interview!!!!

Options
  • 02-04-2015 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, anyone on here working for Abtran in cork? What type of questions do they ask? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

ss202 wrote: »
    Hi, anyone on here working for Abtran in cork? What type of questions do they ask? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You might be interviewed for the customer support gigs in the Irish Water billing section.
    I'd gen up on IW at least, as well as Astral itself.
    Other than that, you're on your own padawan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Hi was just wondering if anyone working in Abtran could tell me how long they usually take to contact you after an interview? I had one yesterday and they rang after asking if it was ok to ring one of my last employers, but I haven't heard anything since. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Hi was just wondering if anyone working in Abtran could tell me how long they usually take to contact you after an interview? I had one yesterday and they rang after asking if it was ok to ring one of my last employers, but I haven't heard anything since. Thanks!

You're probably about to be offered the job then! They were anxious to get bums on seats when I was hired last September and iirc I think it was less than a week and a half between first contacting recruitment and actually starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

cantdecide wrote: »
    You're probably about to be offered the job then! They were anxious to get bums on seats when I was hired last September and iirc I think it was less than a week and a half between first contacting recruitment and actually starting.

Thanks a million! :) Just a bit anxious because I really need a job, I thought I might hear today but the recruitment section probably don't work weekends do they? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I hear they show you picture of Dennis O'Brien beside Enda Kenny and ask 'what do you think of these lads'?

• Advertisement

I hear they show you picture of Dennis O'Brien beside Enda Kenny and ask 'what do you think of these lads'?

That did not happen in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cantdecide & sh1tbagotoole unless you have something to comment on topic, please don't trouble this thread again.

On a general note, Don't use this as an Abtran bashing thread - I'll prob merge it into the general job thread tomorrow

Andip wrote: »
    Cantdecide & sh1tbagotoole unless you have something to comment on topic, please don't trouble this thread again.

On a general note, Don't use this as an Abtran bashing thread - I'll prob merge it into the general job thread tomorrow

Righto.

In answering the OP- they asked me to describe my myself in three words. I don't know if it's a common one these days but that's the only thing that made me of 'aahhh errrrr hmmmm'. Aside from that it was all the normal stuff so just read up about the account they're interviewing you for. I know they're hiring a glut at the moment so I would say to you what I said to Norweiganwood- there's a very good chance you'll be offered the job so take it appropriately seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ss202

Thanks a million cantdecide. When you say 'normal stuff' could you elaborate please? Greatly appreciated!

Advertisement