Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wilberto wrote: »
    Don't worry, I was certainly no Alex Ferguson! :D :pac:

Was expecting an application for Estudientes If I'm honest????

Not tempted??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

TBH, I'm thinking of coming back to manage Estudiantes. Only because, like the other teams I've kept, I don't think there's much else I can do there only manage my team through matches so it'll be quick and easy.

Watch this space. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Was expecting an application for Estudientes If I'm honest????

Not tempted??

You posted this just as I was typing my own post! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

you know you want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Mac, can I have my job back please? Don't want that stupid AI spending my hard earned money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Mac, can I have my job back please? Don't want that stupid AI spending my hard earned money

all the bids failed cos u ran out of money :P

I think we need to extend out the login time ... a few have fallen foul of it due to their RL circumstances ... when there isnt the benefit of buying from an unmanaged when a team gets freed up / or the origional manager getting back in anyway what is the point of an early chuck out time?

There is only a day or two till the next Season, so maybe a quick PM in the world and a vote closing in at lunchtime tomorrow ... or maybe mac is allowed to use common sence and just extends it back to 31 days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I think we need to extend out the login time ... a few have fallen foul of it due to their RL circumstances ... when there isnt the benefit of buying from an unmanaged when a team gets freed up / or the origional manager getting back in anyway what is the point of an early chuck out time?

There is only a day or two till the next Season, so maybe a quick PM in the world and a vote closing in at lunchtime tomorrow ... or maybe mac is allowed to use common sence and just extends it back to 31 days?

I said at the time too leave it as is Cuz it still wouldn't force lads too respond too bids!

Normally I would disagree with this, but it was changed to catch out the lads that were logging in once every 30 days and doing nothing for another month...

But to be fair these managers are logging in now once every 14 days so it's just not working....

Which is a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Normally I would disagree with this, but it was changed to catch out the lads that were logging in once every 30 days and doing nothing for another month...

But to be fair these managers are logging in now once every 14 days so it's just not working....

Which is a pity

i think it's working....

how many have reapplied after getting sacked? i count 2 out of the masses that have fallen foul of the 14 day rule and blobby didn't even go back to the club he left. :o

mac should bring it down to 7 days without telling anyone and see who actually plays the game. :D

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    i think it's working....

how many have reapplied after getting sacked? i count 2 out of the masses that have fallen foul of the 14 day rule and blobby didn't even go back to the club he left. :o

mac should bring it down to 7 days without telling anyone and see who actually plays the game. :D

By the way I completely agree with this!!!

I was just having a dig!! Thing is your right.... The system will weed out those who have real commitment and those who accidentally fall victim can always reapply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Yeah, but when the AI spends all my money on players (for the second f***ing time) I'm not going to bother reapplying the next time - it was supposed to weed people out and it didn't - but as I seem to be the only person inconvenienced by it let's leave it at 14 days...... that's the thought process is it?

Thanks for f***ing nothing!

Are you a Liverpool fan?

Yeah, but when the AI spends all my money on players (for the second f***ing time) I'm not going to bother reapplying the next time - it was supposed to weed people out and it didn't - but as I seem to be the only person inconvenienced by it let's leave it at 14 days...... that's the thought process is it?

If one person is being inconvenienced by the rule, genuinely inconvenienced then I'd be all for changing the rule....

Thing is, as we all can see lads tend to log in almost every day and I chat with you almost all the time on the chat, so how is 14 days not enough? That's not a smart comment in case it comes across like that.

I say again, if there are circumstances where a regular cannot make the 14 days then by all means change it, 100% change it, only fair to know why first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

The whole point of the login was to weed out the once a month Joe's and if they were sacked and not active on here, only let em back to the club twice max, then refuse them anymore as they obviously weren't arsed. However I see all the once a month codgers getting sacked and let straight back in so what good is it. Not directed at you Hercule as you active and we love you :P

I couldn't care less at this stage tbh, the GW has a load of free clubs and a few newbies stay. Then I'd say your lucky if half of the mangers even reply to your bids or PM's, most won't even give ya a "sorry not for sale" so that especially has me bored to tears of this world tbh. Kudos to the lads that at least reply and to the boys like Lazio, Porto and City that will have a great chat with tho :)

Posts not showing on touch site again!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Posts not showing on touch site again!!

report to the mods .... oh wait ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I would like to apologise for this post - it was unacceptable and (I would like to think) out of character for me - I shall not offer excuses as there are none worthy of such idiocy. I have deleted it as there is no place for it here.

I would like to apologise for this post - it was unacceptable and (I would like to think) out of character for me - I shall not offer excuses as there are none worthy of such idiocy. I have deleted it as there is no place for it here.

That's okay. We still love you! :D :pac: :P

Current free clubs

Division 2

FC Twente
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Divison 3
    AJ Auxerre
    AZ
    Galatasaray SK
    Hannover 96
    Portsmouth
    Valencia CF
    Vélez Sársfield
    VfB Stuttgart
    West Bromwich Albion
    Division 4

Chivas de Guadalajara
    CSKA Moskva
    Fenerbahçe SK
    Girondins Bordeaux
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Olympique Marseille
    Palmeiras
    São Paulo FC
    Shanghai Shenhua

Any boards member with 50 posts or more is welcome too ANY team in any divison
    Any body is welcome too take over a div 4 team. So any current players who play in active game worlds with regular players ye can ask them if they are interested in joining our world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Tbh at this stage may need to relax the 50 post limit for D1-3 bud :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Looking to join lads

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Current free clubs

Division 2

FC Twente
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Divison 3
    AJ Auxerre
    AZ
    Galatasaray SK
    Hannover 96
    Portsmouth
    Valencia CF
    Vélez Sársfield
    VfB Stuttgart
    West Bromwich Albion
    Division 4

Chivas de Guadalajara
    CSKA Moskva
    Fenerbahçe SK
    Girondins Bordeaux
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Olympique Marseille
    Palmeiras
    São Paulo FC
    Shanghai Shenhua

Any boards member with 50 posts or more is welcome too ANY team in any divison
    Any body is welcome too take over a div 4 team. So any current players who play in active game worlds with regular players ye can ask them if they are interested in joining our world.

thisyear wrote: »
    Looking to join lads

You can have any club you like in Divison 4 bud from list above

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Marseille look like they could benefit from some new leadership!

thisyear wrote: »
    Marseille look like they could benefit from some new leadership!

Pm me your email address and I'll offer them too you then

Sorry Mac, it's been a while since I threw up one of these.

Clubs Currently Available :

No. | Team | Transfer Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division | Level of Difficulty
    1 | FC Twente | 1.0m | 37 | 88 | 190.9m | 2 | Easy
    2 | Shaktar Donetsk | 1.0m | 79 | 89 | 229.3m | 2 | Easy
    3 | Portsmouth | 43.2m | 49 | 87 | 118.9m | 3 | Medium
    4 | Werder Bremen | 41.6m | 28 | 88 | 153.9m | 3 | Easy
    5 | AZ | 14.0m | 40 | 87 | 140.8m | 3 | Medium
    6 | AJ Auxerre | 10.2m | 54 | 87 | 152.0m | 3 | Hard
    7 | Velez Sarsfield | 9.2m | 44 | 88 | 152.4m | 3 | Hard
    8 | West Brom | 4.8m | 41 | 88 | 168.3m | 3 | Hard
    9 | Galatasaray SK | 3.2m | 52 | 88 | 170.7m | 3 | Medium
    10 | Valencia | 3.1m | 43 | 89 | 184.8m | 3 | Easy
    11 | VfB Stuttgart | 2.7m | 47 | 88 | 189.4m | 3 | Medium
    12 | Hannover 96 | 2.7m | 103 | 87 | 177.6m | 3 | Hard
    13 | Bordeaux | 6.3m | 41 | 87 | 147.4m | 4 | Hard
    14 | Sao Paulo | 6.0m | 52 | 87 | 170.4m | 4 | Hard
    15 | Shanghai Shenhuae | 4.8m | 62 | 87 | 194.9m | 4 | Hard
    16 | Chivas | 4.7m | 74 | 87 | 181.3m | 4 | Hard
    17 | Fenerbahce SK | 4.7m | 56 | 87 | 153.2m | 4 | Hard
    18 | CSKA Moskva | 4.6m | 39 | 88 | 153.5m | 4 | Hard
    19 | Palmeiras | 0.09m | 64 | 88 |155.6m | 3 | Hard

Besiktas may also be free as they have been applied for, but I'm not sure if it's a valid application, or that the game has just offered the to a random manager.

Also, I must admit, it felt good to take Estudiantes off the list! :D

Sorry Mac, it's been a while since I threw up one of these.

No. | Team | Transfer Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division | Level of Difficulty
    2 | Shaktar Donetsk | 1.0m | 79 | 89 | 229.3m | 2 | Easy
    3 | Portsmouth | 43.2m | 49 | 87 | 118.9m | 3 | Medium
    4 | Werder Bremen | 41.6m | 28 | 88 | 153.9m | 3 | Easy
    5 | AZ | 14.0m | 40 | 87 | 140.8m | 3 | Medium
    6 | AJ Auxerre | 10.2m | 54 | 87 | 152.0m | 3 | Hard
    7 | Velez Sarsfield | 9.2m | 44 | 88 | 152.4m | 3 | Hard
    8 | West Brom | 4.8m | 41 | 88 | 168.3m | 3 | Hard
    9 | Galatasaray SK | 3.2m | 52 | 88 | 170.7m | 3 | Medium
    10 | Valencia | 3.1m | 43 | 89 | 184.8m | 3 | Easy
    11 | VfB Stuttgart | 2.7m | 47 | 88 | 189.4m | 3 | Medium
    12 | Hannover 96 | 2.7m | 103 | 87 | 177.6m | 3 | Hard
    13 | Bordeaux | 6.3m | 41 | 87 | 147.4m | 4 | Hard
    14 | Sao Paulo | 6.0m | 52 | 87 | 170.4m | 4 | Hard
    15 | Shanghai Shenhuae | 4.8m | 62 | 87 | 194.9m | 4 | Hard
    16 | Chivas | 4.7m | 74 | 87 | 181.3m | 4 | Hard
    17 | Fenerbahce SK | 4.7m | 56 | 87 | 153.2m | 4 | Hard
    18 | CSKA Moskva | 4.6m | 39 | 88 | 153.5m | 4 | Hard
    19 | Palmeiras | 0.09m | 64 | 88 |155.6m | 3 | Hard

Besiktas may also be free as they have been applied for, but I'm not sure if it's a valid application, or that the game has just offered the to a random manager.

Also, I must admit, it felt good to take Estudiantes off the list! :D
    Needs editing already!! ha ha!!

The updated list! :D :pac:

2 | Shaktar Donetsk | 1.0m | 79 | 89 | 229.0m | 2 | Easy
    3 | AZ | 14.0m | 40 | 87 | 140.8m | 3 | Medium
    4 | AJ Auxerre | 10.2m | 54 | 87 | 152.0m | 3 | Hard
    5 | Velez Sarsfield | 9.2m | 44 | 88 | 152.4m | 3 | Hard
    6 | West Brom | 4.8m | 41 | 88 | 168.3m | 3 | Hard
    7 | Galatasaray SK | 3.2m | 52 | 88 | 170.7m | 3 | Medium
    8 | Valencia | 3.1m | 43 | 89 | 184.8m | 3 | Easy
    9 | VfB Stuttgart | 2.7m | 47 | 88 | 189.4m | 3 | Medium
    10 | Hannover 96 | 2.7m | 103 | 87 | 177.6m | 3 | Hard
    11 | Bordeaux | 6.3m | 41 | 87 | 147.4m | 4 | Hard
    12 | Sao Paulo | 6.0m | 52 | 87 | 170.4m | 4 | Hard
    13 | Shanghai Shenhua | 4.8m | 62 | 87 | 194.9m | 4 | Hard
    14 | Chivas | 4.7m | 74 | 87 | 181.3m | 4 | Hard
    15 | Fenerbahce SK | 4.7m | 56 | 87 | 153.2m | 4 | Hard
    16 | CSKA Moskva | 4.6m | 39 | 88 | 153.5m | 4 | Hard

The updated list! :D :pac:

They are free. I offered it too a manager I knew before the influx of new players! I can withdraw the offer if some one would like them

• Advertisement

Applications for AC Milan open... Division 1 so usual rules apply 24 hours

Applications for AC Milan now open :

Closing Deadline : 15th April 2015 @ 14:00

Team | Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    AC Milan | 49.1m | 52 | 89 | 190.4m | 1

Managers Applying for the AC Milan vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    SL Benfica Manager | SL Benfica | 24 | 366 | 2.00 | 183
    | | | | |

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Can I apply to mange Milan please?
    Applications for AC Milan now open :

Closing Deadline : 15th April 2015 @ 14:00

Team | Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    AC Milan | 49.1m | 52 | 89 | 190.4m | 1

Managers Applying for the AC Milan vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    SL Benfica Manager | SL Benfica | 24 | 366 | 2.00 | 183
    | | | | |

I was the 11th rated manager when I quit Milan. Dunno if that would show now?

(tried to edit the above the post but the page kept disappearing on me)

So whats happening with the Milan Gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I would imagine its Beficas, no? Baz doesn't have a manager ranking or does he?

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Then on the other hand, how is it the Benfica manager is making his intentions known on a site he's banned from?

I don't see it as cut and dry as you make out, surely a former member and indeed pervious club custodian should be given some weight in the conversation.....

Then on the other hand, how is it the Benfica manager is making his intentions known on a site he's banned from?

I don't see it as cut and dry as you make out, surely a former member and indeed pervious club custodian should be given some weight in the conversation.....

Clear cut? There were two questions in my post, what part of that did you perceive as clear cut?

A mod put Benficas name down, Baz has no ranking as far as I am aware since he quit.

Benfica - 24
    Baz - no ranking...

I suppose that is clear cut now that you mention it :)

Edit: Baz also applied 8 minutes late as it happens. The cut off was 14.00

So whats happening with the Milan Gig?

^^^ Question posed out of genuine interest ^^^
    --
    --
    --
    --
    NOT
    --
    --
    --
    MY
    --
    --
    --
    INTENTION
    --
    --
    --
    :P
    --
    --
    --
    --

----
    --
    -

Clear cut? There were two questions in my post, what part of that did you perceive as clear cut?

A mod put Benficas name down, Baz has no ranking as far as I am aware since he quit.

Benfica - 24
    Baz - no ranking...

Edit: Baz also applied 8 minutes late as it gappens. The cut off was 14.00

Benfica - 24
    Baz - no ranking...

What's a few minutes between old friends?? :o)

baza Rakus wrote: »
    What's a few minutes between old friends?? :o)

Honestly, it makes no odds to me, I'd love to see ya back in the GW but IMO you lost your rating when you left and if Benfica want Milan they should get them.

• Advertisement

Benfica - 24
    Baz - no ranking...

Looks like the Benfica manager meets ALL set criteria for the job...

Your right, looks clear cut

Looks like the Benfica manager meets ALL set criteria for the job...

Your right, looks clear cut

I'm glad we finally agree on something.

Good day.

Honestly, it makes no odds to me, I'd love to see ya back in the GW but IMO you lost your rating when you left and if Benfica want Milan they should get them.

Ya man ... can't aruge with that ... but I guarantee you if I took management of any club on there my rating would be better than his

Hey - it ain't no ting but a chicken wing ... what will be will be

I'm glad we finally agree on something.

Good day.

Ahhh, me too ;-)

Lol!!!! Too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

it aint over yet, [the benfica manager] has previous with this i wanna change club malarkey. sure he'll probably have a "sudden change of heart" and withdraw as he always does..... true story (about 4 times)

Right so I've made my decision (with Mac's permission).

Essentially, returning managers have never received special treatment before (Mr. Blobby immediately springs to mind when we wanted to take over a club in demand) and it wouldn't be right to start doing that now.

I've PM'd both manager's the story, and have given the Benfica manager first refusal on the AC Milan position, but have also let him know of the Baz's intention to return.

Personally, I feel this is the fairest way.

Not only have I already clarified this matter, but it has also been added to the charter.

This is NOT up for debate. Simple as.

Right so I've made my decision (with Mac's permission).

Essentially, returning managers have never received special treatment before (Mr. Blobby immediately springs to mind when we wanted to take over a club in demand) and it wouldn't be right to start doing that now.

I've PM'd both manager's the story, and have given the Benfica manager first refusal on the AC Milan position, but have also let him know of the Baz's intention to return.

Personally, I feel this is the fairest way.

It is what it is.

Hey Wilberto,

Did we put something in place where you have to quit andapply for the new job in 24hrs of being announced as being the next manager? It rings a bell but not sure if we went with this? Some of the newbies might need to be aware of this if they come to changing clubs.

Also, maybe Baz is interested in Benfica?

Hey Wilberto,

Did we put something in place where you have to quit andapply for the new job in 24hrs of being announced as being the next manager? It rings a bell but not sure if we went with this? Some of the newbies might need to be aware of this if they come to changing clubs.

Also, maybe Baz is interested in Benfica?

Yeah, that does ring a bell now that I think of it. I'm sure it was after the whole Atletico Madrid signing Tonic Wine from Dynamo Kiev "scandal" (and I use that term scandal very very loosely :pac:).

I might have a look for the discussion and will throw a few points into the Charter........tomorrow! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement