Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster edited post I quoted but it isn't marked as edited

Options
  • 21-03-2015 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭

This is the post in question.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94772569&postcount=420

It originally had a third line when I hit the quote button. I didn't alter the quote. The poster then accused me of putting words in his mouth. When I went back to his post it had only two lines but was not marked as being edited. Just thought I would flag this as it is a little annoying when the poster is able to change his post like this and accuse you of being a liar.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,176 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a 4 minute period after a post is initial posted in which it can be edited without showing an edited by xxxx line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Spear wrote: »
    There's a 4 minute period after a post is initial posted in which it can be edited without showing an edited by xxxx line.

Well that's annoying. I take it the mods can see this edit though?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,176 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well that's annoying. I take it the mods can see this edit though?

No,we can't.

No,we can't.

That seems to be a problem with the system then.

It's never come up as a problem before. I've opened a thread in site dev to see if there's truly no record of these edits.

• Advertisement

And the official answer is there's no visiblity, even to admins, of the ninja edits.

And the official answer is there's no visiblity, even to admins, of the ninja edits.

Well then I'd like to suggest that particular feature be removed.

You should raise a feature request thread in site development to cover it.

But it does serve a purpose, I would think the better answer would be to record the ninja edit changes to make them at least mod visible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement