Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Cooking Club Week 5: Mediterranean Beef Burger

Options
  • 06-02-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Sorry no photos, couldn't make up my mind what to post so I will be making these over the weekend so I'll post a pic then.

I have had to go gluten free so searching for tasty treats without the wheat.
    The courgette keeps the burger moist and also bulks up the burger.

1 courgette
    1 onion
    400g Beef mince
    2 crushed garlic cloves
    1tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp fresh basil
    2 tbsp tomato puree
    Salt and Pepper

To serve
    Ciabatta Rolls
    Mozzarella
    Tomatoes
    Fresh Basil Leaves
    Garlic Mayo
    Tomato Chutney

Grate the courgette and onion and mix into the mince beef.
    Add the garlic, herbs, puree, salt and pepper
    Mix well with your hands and make/shape into burgers, (amount you get will depend on the size of burger you like, roughly 4 decent size ones)

Fry in a pan until cooked

Heat the grill

Toast the rolls, then place the cooked burgers on a cooking tray/grill tray, put the mozzarella on top and melt under the grill.
    Assemble the burgers with slices of tomato and fresh basil.
    I prefer them with garlic mayo but my husband prefers a chutney.

Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

That's my dinner sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Had these earlier. I got 4 big patties and 2 kiddie size ones. Would they freeze well with the courgette in it?
    Delicious, clean plates from everyone. I stuck to garlic mayo to bring up the Med flavour.
    Thanks, fitzcoff :) Photo here.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Looks great,

Yea they freeze really well, I've cooked them from frozen and defrosted, and both were perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I made these a few days ago. The courgette definitely added something to the taste, although it wasn't an overly courgettey taste :D I ended up with about 9 mini burgers, which shrank a bit further when cooked. They were great, and I think I'd make a batch to freeze for another time.

Advertisement