Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia Duster

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

But not the wheezy, underpowered 1.2. it will be very popular with the underpowered milk-carton-engine fanbois, though.
    Mine is a 1.8 tdci, 115 bhp, which doesn't sound much, but it has a nice bit of torque and I don't care what anyone says, you will not get low down grunt out of a tiny, overblown engine, its a question of simple physics.

Spot on.

Don't know why blokes seem to prefer little petrol's over a diesel. No comparison IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

shabalala wrote: »
    Is the 800bhp the F1 teams have got from their "tiny" 1.5 litre "overblown" engines nothing to do with simple physics then???

1.6 aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Originally Posted by dr.fuzzenstein

Mine is a 1.8 tdci, 115 bhp, which doesn't sound much, but it has a nice bit of torque and I don't care what anyone says, you will not get low down grunt out of a tiny, overblown engine, its a question of simple physics.

could if you wanted to but think of what would happen to the poor little things :

- the "wrong crowd" would be attracted to them
    1 litre (check)

drive around in 7th gear @ 650rpm (yip)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

Anyone suffer any damage/bumps during the short spell of ice and snow?

Here's a Duster for parts on DoneDeal.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/carparts-for-sale/131-dacia-duster-parts/6664811?offset=1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Sure that'd be useless - there isn't a straight panel on it! Also madness sticking secondhand parts on a warrantied car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is that the one that a tree fell on in bunratty?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

colm_mcm wrote: »

I saw that one, damn, should have taken a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

If a tree falls on a Dacia in Bunratty...

...does anybody care?

If a tree falls on a Dacia in Bunratty...

...does anybody care?

I'd say at least one person...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'd say at least one person...

It takes years to grow a nice tree

• Advertisement

ba_barabus wrote: »
    It takes years to grow a nice tree

No one likes to see a good tree go down. At least someone can now heat their house :)
    Harder to do that with Dacia parts.

sfgxhu.jpg

8Q5LSz.jpg

Dunno if same, roof might have been pulled up with forklift?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

Dunno if same, roof might have been pulled up with forklift?

The very same - different angle

4EfiH7.jpg

The new Dacia Pancake

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dhoun

I've got a Duster for over a year now and I love it. The ride is v. good, feels solid on the road, interior is more than acceptable and quite frankly I can't see anything wrong with the looks, no matter what the Qashqai snobs say. And that's coming from someone who has owned almost every model of Toyota over the years. :cool:

I thought people had forgotten this thread.

Oh well
    jwjw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

dhoun wrote: »
    I can't see anything wrong with the looks, no matter what the Qashqai snobs say.

Jeez, how low must you feel if you think Qashqai drivers look down on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

One can only wonder how a thread can go for so long about a car that honestly is just pure gack....:o

I think its because people think they're the first person to say what they're saying.

I think its because people think they're the first person to say what they're saying.

That shouldnt take more than one page........:D

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    One can only wonder how a thread can go for so long about a car that honestly is just pure gack....:o

:p

Ah you're right chief, it's my opinion alright, I'd hope it might be shared by a few others who are more interested in owning something nicer than just another blandbox with a new number plate though. :P

Ah you're right chief, it's my opinion alright, I'd hope it might be shared by a few others who are more interested in owning something nicer than just another blandbox with a new number plate though. :P

Oh Jeez, do I really have to go through all that again? Oh, all right then.
    It's no thrills motoring, sometimes you just want An Car. I could imagine to be in far worse things than the Duster. It's a bit like the Lada Niva to me:

lada-niva-03.jpg
    I think there's a new one of those, I can't wait to see the thread and the rabid foam dripping off people's mouths as they get their knickers in a twist. If I could I'd buy a Duster and a Niva just to piss twice as many people off. :p

If you don't care about leather, climate control, 32 speaker Bose surround sound system, mahogany steering wheel, if you couldn't give two sh*tes what the neighbours think and if you did, you'd buy something nastier and dirtier just to piss them off more. :D
    Not all cheap cars are nasty and not all expensive cars are great. We sure are worried in Ireland what the are keeping up with the Joneses. A new car will have a new numberplate, but if I was worried that people might disapprove of me for driving a Duster with a new numberplate, I could always wait 5 years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Which begs the question, if you've no interest then why read or post in this thread.?

For example I've no interest in BMW, I couldn't be arsed posting or even reading any thread that relates to them.

A dacia may not be everyone's cup of tea, but why tear down and belittle people who are perfectly happy with them?

Cabaal wrote: »
    Which begs the question, if you've no interest then why read or post in this thread.?

For example I've no interest in BMW, I couldn't be arsed posting or even reading any thread that relates to them.

A dacia may not be everyone's cup of tea, but why tear down and belittle people who are perfectly happy with them?

It's funny how a car that is a cheap sh*tebox has so many people practically foaming at the mouth at the thought of them.

Oh Jeez, do I really have to go through all that again? Oh, all right then.
    It's no thrills motoring, sometimes you just want An Car. I could imagine to be in far worse things than the Duster. It's a bit like the Lada Niva to me:

I think there's a new one of those, I can't wait to see the thread and the rabid foam dripping off people's mouths as they get their knickers in a twist. If I could I'd buy a Duster and a Niva just to piss twice as many people off. :p

If you don't care about leather, climate control, 32 speaker Bose surround sound system, mahogany steering wheel, if you couldn't give two sh*tes what the neighbours think and if you did, you'd buy something nastier and dirtier just to piss them off more. :D
    Not all cheap cars are nasty and not all expensive cars are great. We sure are worried in Ireland what the are keeping up with the Joneses. A new car will have a new numberplate, but if I was worried that people might disapprove of me for driving a Duster with a new numberplate, I could always wait 5 years.

Ah think you took me up the wrong way there! I understand the whole no frills motoring in the same sense I undertsand the no frills hotel game, it serves a function and that's it. Sometimes that's all you need, I get that!

But as a car enthusiast I'm obviously going to be against seeing more of these on the road!
    Cabaal wrote: »

Posting an alternative opinion. I have driven one, a 1.5 DCI I believe and I didn't think it was a good car. The engine wasn't too bad though.

That's fair enough, we can't all like the same stuff, would be a boring planet otherwise.

That's fair enough, we can't all like the same stuff, would be a boring planet otherwise.

I supposed my post was harsh, but it's difficult for an enthusiast to see cars that I would have yearned for a s child going to the scrapyard and them replaced with Dacia's.

I wasn't trying to offend people though, just not a Dacia fan I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I supposed my post was harsh

People just appreciate different things. I love the fact the Dacia Duster comes with what you need and no extra trash. Most families that buy these will have them trashed by kids within 5 years so I think these make sense for families as a throw away car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dhoun

Jeez, how low must you feel if you think Qashqai drivers look down on you!
    Ah, but I don't :-). It's not me but the car they look down on.

Advertisement