Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Agent J wrote: »
    How do you beat Green Bay one week and lose to the Raiders the next week?!?

how do you beat the pats one week and lose to the bills the next?? tis a competitive league. Even the bottom boys are good on their day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Streaming the Seahawks v Cards game here. Commentator just said Wilson would be leading the rush in 18 other teams this year!

Outrageous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Junior D wrote: »
    Streaming the Seahawks v Cards game here. Commentator just said Wilson would be leading the rush in 18 other teams this year!

Outrageous

Just Google'd it - 754 yards coming into this game, I knew it was over 500 but that is nuts. He is absolutely brilliant (infuriating when your team is playing him) at sticking his ball carrying arm forward also just as he goes out of bounds to get an extra yard or two seemingly every single time.

He just went on a 55 yard run. His acceleration for a QB is crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I wish Wilson played for a team I didn't have an intense dislike for :) Love the guy

Logan Thomas comes in for a single play, then Lindley back in again... Arians really is trying to do anything with what little-to-nothing he's got.

I agree with Collinsworth that it was a good no-call in isolation, but it's a farce how much Seattle are allowed get away with compared to the rest of the league.

Wow... now no flag for running into the kicker - after the flag was thrown. This is bordering on needing to be looked into by the league, at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

That was some play by seattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Delighted for Romo.

He's been exceptional and would be contending for MVP but for the injury.

• Advertisement

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Delighted for Romo.

He's been exceptional and would be contending for MVP but for the injury.

the o line makes Romo, and having murray have a record breaking year doesn't hurt

the o line makes Romo, and having murray have a record breaking year doesn't hurt

Romo has done well without good lines or a running game in the past, and without the likes of Dez also (though he has always had Witten) to be fair. He's no Rodgers/Brady/Manning but he has been a very good QB on a very bad team for a long time. Career wise I would probably have him just a little below Ben and Rivers to be honest. He just happens to be in a very fickle market that seem to think it is their God given right to go deep in the playoffs every year and who like to have an easy scapegoat if/when they don't, so has gotten unfair blame for years over it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

paulie21 wrote: »
    Kansas City Chiefs @ Pittsburgh Steelers

10-5, playoff spot, nice.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Romo has done well without good lines or a running game in the past, and without the likes of Dez also (though he has always had Witten) to be fair. He's no Rodgers/Brady/Manning but he has been a very good QB on a very bad team for a long time. Career wise I would probably have him just a little below Ben and Rivers to be honest. He just happens to be in a very fickle market that seem to think it is their God given right to go deep in the playoffs every year and who like to have an easy scapegoat if/when they don't, so has gotten unfair blame for years over it.

I'm not saying he's not good(he's my fantasy back up) what I was trying to lazily say is he would not be having an mvp type season without the injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭cosatron

How are the Seahawks no 1 seed in NFC. On the head to head, the cowgirls should be number 1 as they won in Seattle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

cosatron wrote: »
    How are the Seahawks no 1 seed in NFC. On the head to head, the cowgirls should be number 1 as they won in Seattle

It's only H2H if it's a 2 way tie. If more than 2 teams are tied, it's decided by conference record. Dallas have 4 conference losses so they would lose out.

Considering Detroit plays Green Bay next week, which ever team wins that will also be tied with Dallas and Seattle (assuming they both win) so there will be more than 2 teams tied at the top (unless Green Bay and Detroit tie).

Dallas can get the #1 seed if Green Bay and Detroit tie, and Seattle equals or betters Arizona's result.

• Advertisement

If Seattle win next week, barring key injuries they're in the Superbowl simple as.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Disagree, I think they are beatable. They won't be playing against a 3rd string quarterback every week in the playoffs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

If Seattle win next week, barring key injuries they're in the Superbowl simple as.

I think they're a very beatable team this year, won't run over teams like they literally did last year.

they were also a much better team and unbeatable, in fact one poster said the same thing right before they lost 2

they were also a much better team and unbeatable, in fact one poster said the same thing right before they lost 2

What.

• Advertisement

SameOleJay wrote: »
    What.

They can be beaten. Winning one game bar the last game before the sb does not guarantee SB

I agree, of course they're beatable. Keep Wilson contained and you've every shot. Clearly though, they'll be delighted that the hers have flamed out. A form San Fran is clearly the worst match-up for Seattle in the conference.

Just on Romo again, his numbers are top notch. Considering the back clearly hampered his throwing motion in the 9ers and Jags game and ruled him out of Arizona, they're all the more impressive.

Romo:
    70%
    8.5YPA
    8% TD
    2% INT
    5 FUM
    PSR: 114
    32 tds
    8 int

I don't think he's the MVP. Rodgers is. But Rodgers has a stellar o-line, an all-pro wideout and a pro bowl running back so don't tell me the support cast is what's getting it done for Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lets go Broncos

My Ravens need Cinci to lose on MNF to help our slim playoff hopes

I think they're a very beatable team this year, won't run over teams like they literally did last year.
    In my opinion with the momentum they've got going over the last month or so, which typically is "just the right time" (us in 2010, the Ravens in 2012 and the Giants in 2007 and 2011 all spring to mind) I just think they'll be nigh-on-unbeatable if they're at home through the playoffs personally. True that in the NFL nothing is ever definite, but their defense is playing arguably even better than it was at any stage last year, and despite not having Tate and Harvin, Wilson has stepped his game up to the next level also while Lynch has really got going the last 6 weeks or so after a slow enough start to the year, so should be fresh enough. Physicality also tends to help a good deal in the playoffs, and the Seahawks are not just winning and winning convincingly, they are beating the living sh*t out of just about everyone they face.

The Rams have pulled more than their share of NFC West upsets the last few years though, so I'll be praying they pull it off again on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'd worry about the Packers offense away to Seattle again, but Dallas would certainly have a shot given they won so convincingly earlier in the year. Falcons/Panthers, Cardinals and Lions look like a weak other 3 teams in the NFC playoffs, tough to see them doing it.

The transcript of Lynch's interview :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Junior D wrote: »
    The transcript of Lynch's interview :pac::pac:

He's a highly paid professional and many would kill to be in his position. The same media who he acts like a clown in front off, are the very ones that raise his commercial marketability and profile. You would have thought him extending them a professional courtesy and behaving like a professional & adult during interviews, would be the least he could do. But apparently not. All I see is a fine player, who continues to make an ass of himself with this nonsense.

He's a highly paid professional and many would kill to be in his position. The same media who he acts like a clown in front off, are the very ones that raise his commercial marketability and profile. You would have thought him extending them a professional courtesy and behaving like a professional & adult during interviews, would be the least he could do. But apparently not. All I see is a fine player, who continues to make an ass of himself with this nonsense.

He has no interest in media, it's well known, these are the professionals that know this and continue to want these interviews. You get fined 100 grand if you don't talk. He is not offensive to them. He does as he is required to, no more.

To be fair, it's no different than Belichick's "We're on to Cincinnati" transcript. If he doesn't want to say anything meaningful, he doesn't have to. It's another in a long line of silly NFL rules.

Wow, that is one awful rendition of the national anthem.

• Advertisement

terrible pick 6 by dalton, cue hill running it in from 80 yards on the next offensive snap! love this sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow, Hill is some back. Very impressive run there on fourth down to get the first, he got stopped but found another hole on the second effort. And again then on another play that looks like its over and he finds his way to a first down.

The Broncos almost look disinterested, and Manning is sh*tting his pants every time Cincinnati show blitz. Incredible interception though.

Broncos studs also appear to have been swapped for miniature banana skins, I think they've slipped 5 or 6 times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Broncos offence looking worryingly poor. It may be that all the talk of age finally catching up with Peyton is true, by stuffing the run so much Bengals are basically daring him to beat them and he doesn't seem able so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Broncos offence looking worryingly poor. It may be that all the talk of age finally catching up with Peyton is true, by stuffing the run so much Bengals are basically daring him to beat them and he doesn't seem able so far.

Was just gonna say about Manning's age, he looks like he can't handle the pressure at all at the min. It's one of the first times I've seen him look like an old QB in the pocket even - more afraid of the hit than making the pass. It's not good when they've almost turned into a run first team the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bengals up by thirteen at the break. I'm loving this, two weeks to prepare for the playoffs for the Patriots if the Bengals hang on.

Bengals have really improved after their loss of form mid-season. They will be dangerous in the playoffs if they make it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Bengals up by thirteen at the break. I'm loving this, two weeks to prepare for the playoffs for the Patriots if the Bengals hang on.

Bengals have really improved after their loss of form mid-season. They will be dangerous in the playoffs if they make it.

I don't know, their pass rush and running game have been improve a lot but this game stinks more of the Broncos doing all they can to lose it than it does the Bengals playing well to win it. Manning really looks like he lost his testicles out there.

Could it be...? Bengals will be killing themselves all week if they drop this lead, especially if Dalton has a poor second half.

EDIT: Jesus, this is pitiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What.a.****ing.play.Miller.

• Advertisement

It's been a weird but good game - a mix of brilliant and horrendous play from all three sides of the ball on both teams.

This is a really enjoyable game.

What is up with all the "block in the back" penalties on punts this season? It seems like nearly half of all punts I have seen (across all teams, not a Denver issue) get called on them when they weren't nearly as common beforehand. I think it was Collinsworth who said the other day that any team without an all pro returner might actually be better off just fair catching everything by policy/default because of it, half jokingly... but only half. :o

Nice one taking them out off FG range, you can take the man out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of the man as was said on another forum.

Come on Bengals, need this for over 1k.

Such a topsy turvy game. Can't call this one, hopefully Cincy can sneak it.

• Advertisement

Sacked.

Worst offensive pass interference call I have ever seen, bar none.

Worst offensive pass interference call I have ever seen, bar none.

But it wasn't a PI call, it was a facemask. Rewind and take a look at DT at the line of scrimmage, the umpire got that one right.

They should just make sacks and QB hits of any type illegal and be done with it at this stage.

But it wasn't a PI call, it was a facemask. Rewind and take a look at DT at the line of scrimmage, the umpire got that one right.
    You're right, I had the volume down and thought I heard someone say pass interference. Rewound and it took two or three views, but he did get him right as he came off the LOS alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement