Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saeed Ajmal banned......finally!

Options
  • 09-09-2014 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/779257.html

About time all these off spinning chuckers were banned from the game for good......

The ICC didn't show any spine when it came to Murali when he literally chucked his way to 800 test wickets and should have banned the doosra when Saqlain Mushtaq started bowling it........

Give me a classical off spinner like Graeme Swann any day of the week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its everything which is illegal, not just the doosra.:eek:

No idea how it has got so bad, suppose due to Pakistan flogging him over the years and in typical Pakistan fashion not bothering to groom any replacements, so they could rest him or then, some of his test spells were mental, clearly got into bad habits. :rolleyes:

I am sad as he is one of the most likeable players about, but a lot of people seem to want to absolve him of any wrong doings, I dunno if they would be saying the same if he spun them out of the world cup with his current "action".

I'd be shocked to see him back, a lot of work to be done and if he can't get it sorted for the world cup he may just retire, close to 38 now.

Interesting to see who is flagged next, most seem to be calling Ojha and Narine. **** will hit the fan with the BCCI if either are called though. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

They need to ban the doosra. Didn't think his action (doosra excluded) was that bad. Will have a look on youtube and see.

so erm 35 bowlers in Pakistan with suspect actions:eek::eek::eek:

I know Lanka have been trying to get their house in order for a while which is admirable, Pakistan of course ignored it until now:confused:

Junaid is another who could be in trouble as his action is a bit dodgy.

Bring back Sami, to ****e to chuck:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gillespy

I take no pleasure in seeing him banned. The upcoming series with Australia has lost something as a result of this.

Lot of chat by the Sky commentators during the summer about how the English coaching system doesn't allow unorthodox bowlers to exist and how that needs to change if they want to compete. This clampdown will end that kind of talk for now.
    booth70 wrote: »
    Give me a classical off spinner like Graeme Swann any day of the week
    Herath doesn't even have height on his side and look at how effective he is. Lyon is another very underated bowler.

Gillespy wrote: »
    I take no pleasure in seeing him banned. The upcoming series with Australia has lost something as a result of this.

It tilts that series massively towards Australia, as lets not forget Rehman has been ****e for a while now. :pac:

Huge for Australia though, they would have been dreading facing Ajmal, especially Hughes. :eek:

• Advertisement

One of his potential short term replacements was reported as well at the IPL "Champions" League.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2014/content/current/story/783425.html

No surprise really, everyone who has been watching him in the last week or so have to be kind been very suspicious of his rather "interesting" action.:p

ICCI has to take some more strict decision regarding the chucking of the bowls. Pakistani bowlers are always doing that and ruined the ethics of the game.

They are the worst for it for sure. I think they seem to be getting their house in order now though, they are calling domestic bowlers and trying to fix them before they get called up.

Anyways their is a very big fish who at very least needs to get checked, who is taking the mick in the champions league, lets see if the big three have the balls to call him.

Doubtful sadly. :(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They are the worst for it for sure. I think they seem to be getting their house in order now though, they are calling domestic bowlers and trying to fix them before they get called up.

Anyways their is a very big fish who at very least needs to get checked, who is taking the mick in the champions league, lets see if the big three have the balls to call him.

Doubtful sadly. :(

narine?

cookie24 wrote: »
    narine?

Yep.

Again not saying he is a definite chucker, but at the very least he could do with been tested, keeping an eye on twitter etc, its not just me who thinks this also. :P

This will be fascinating to see what happens, Narine is touring India soon and then the world cup. Shillingford and Samuels were called in India but Narine is a different beast than Shillingford especially.

Narine makes the IPL a lot of money and has been crucial to KKR winning 2 IPLS, interesting if the umpires dare call him because a lot of very important and wealthy people will be seriously upset.

On an unrelated note. If 2 teams you play for are in the champions league what team do you play for? Your choice or home nation?

• Advertisement

cookie24 wrote: »
    On an unrelated note. If 2 teams you play for are in the champions league what team do you play for? Your choice or home nation?

The team who pays the most money. :pac:

It depends really, I remember reading Pollard a few years wanted to play for Trinidad but he was told he would have been in breach of his contract if he did not play for Mumbai.

Only Kumar elected to play for his home team instead of his IPL side and the IPL team probably would not have started him so he didn't get to much pressure from them. It did cost him money though.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2013/content/story/666775.html

Guys like Pollard and Malinga who would be on bigger contracts so would probably stand to lose more money than Kumar did last year, so you can understand why they always elect for their IPL teams.

If its not an IPL side at the tug of war, then they will play for their home team, or if its a case of a foreign player who could play for 2 foreign non ipl teams, its personal choice.

E.G Malik could have played for Barbados but elected to play for Hobart of Australia instead.

Again, its not set in stone, but as I said its mainly who pays more.:p

Narine eventually called. Looks like they will have to re-think the laws.

Hafeez called, not a massive shock. He is not that filthy so he should be able to sort it. Pakistan are ****ed without him in the world cup if he doesn't. Good news for Ireland though. :D

Junaid is another its just a matter of time with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 robet001

I'm sure he will come back before world cup .

Hafeez banned now, not a huge shock really.

Rjd2 wrote: »

Interesting to see who is flagged next, most seem to be calling Ojha and Narine. **** will hit the fan with the BCCI if either are called though. :eek::eek:

No shock, another of the long sleeves brigade. :pac:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/814113.html

Advertisement