Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Greystones kilcool wicklow arklow ect

Options
  • 14-12-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows if Bray to arklow along that way is fishing well from the beaches of harbours this time a year and what been caught?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Seller159 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows if Bray to arklow along that way is fishing well from the beaches of harbours this time a year and what been caught?

Some nice coalies to 2lb weight being had on muscle and peeler crab down past Newcastle near the river and also by the rocks at 5 mile point.1 or 2 doggies on sandeel aswell.
    A lot of weed though so makes for some fun when pulling in double coalies and alot of weed from along way out.The bigger of the coalies are sitting just off a ledge about 150-160 yards out off the shore at 5 mile point.You will need a propper 12-13 foot surf casting rod and multiplier reel and also a very good cast to hit them.A 15-18lb main line with 60lb shock leader and a 6 oz gripper weight to hold in the tide and with the weed too.I was hitting 2 at a time last week as it was getting dusk.Biggest one was just on 2 1/4 lb in weight.But they were out far.All returned to swim off and get bigger.

Some nice coalies to 2lb weight being had on muscle and peeler crab down past Newcastle near the river and also by the rocks at 5 mile point.1 or 2 doggies on sandeel aswell.A lot of weed though so makes for some fun when pulling in double coalies and alot of weed from along way out.The bigger of the coalies are sitting just off a ledge about 150-160 yards out off the shore at 5 mile point.You will need a propper 12-13 foot surf casting rod and multiplier reel and also a very good cast to hit them.A 15-18lb main line with 60lb shock leader and a 6 oz gripper weight to hold in the tide and with the weed too.I was hitting 2 at a time last week as it was getting dusk.Biggest one was just on 2 1/4 lb in weight.But they were out far.All returned to swim off and get bigger.

Some nice coalies to 2lb weight being had on muscle and peeler crab down past Newcastle near the river and also by the rocks at 5 mile point.1 or 2 doggies on sandeel aswell.A lot of weed though so makes for some fun when pulling in double coalies and alot of weed from along way out.The bigger of the coalies are sitting just off a ledge about 150-160 yards out off the shore at 5 mile point.You will need a propper 12-13 foot surf casting rod and multiplier reel and also a very good cast to hit them.A 15-18lb main line with 60lb shock leader and a 6 oz gripper weight to hold in the tide and with the weed too.I was hitting 2 at a time last week as it was getting dusk.Biggest one was just on 2 lb in weight.But they were out far.All returned to swim off and get bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Some nice coalies to 2lb weight being had on muscle and peeler crab down past Newcastle near the river and also by the rocks at 5 mile point.1 or 2 doggies on sandeel aswell.A lot of weed though so makes for some fun when pulling in double coalies and alot of weed from along way out.The bigger of the coalies are sitting just off a ledge about 150-160 yards out off the shore at 5 mile point.You will need a propper 12-13 foot surf casting rod and multiplier reel and also a very good cast to hit them.A 15-18lb main line with 60lb shock leader and a 6 oz gripper weight to hold in the tide and with the weed too.I was hitting 2 at a time last week as it was getting dusk.Biggest one was just on 2 lb in weight.But they were out far.All returned to swim off and get bigger.

Hi,
    Was there that's good stuff I haven't been sea fishing since start of summer got more into course fishjng and pike.

I wanted to get back out and give the sea fishing ago so that's good news then at least something decent around :) .

Do you do much fishing around 5 mile point ? Never tried there yet only Greystones wicklow kilcool usually

• Registered Users Posts: 22 derekc1010

myself and the kids went to kilcoole beach last week and fished the rising tide
    a few others were fishing and everyone blanked might of just been the day that was in it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

anyone know how its fishing ATM?

Advertisement