Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We have our winners! Christmas Photo Competition 2014!

Options
  • 20-12-2014 10:55pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Please note, this competition has ended, and the winners announced. Votes will no longer be counted. Regardless, enjoy the thread! :)

Hi all,
    After several weeks of posting your great pet pics, and lots and lots and lots of voting, we now have our Final 8!
    These are listed by category below.
    Now, everybody gets to vote for their favourite finalist, who will be announced next Tuesday evening, December 23rd at 9pm

The photo with the most Thanks by that time is our 2014 A&PI Christmas Pet Photo Competition!

So, get voting folks! Enjoy yourselves!

:pac::cool::D:);):p:cool:

Edited to add:
    I've had my arm twisted into having a prize for 2nd and 3rd place too!
    So, everyone can vote for their THREE favourite photos, and we'll tally the thanks at the end for the Top 3 :)
    Get voting! Only two days left!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Category 1: Golden Oldies
    With 21 thanks by the close of the qualifiers, we have Ihatewinter's Golden Oldie, Poppy, enjoying a nice cup of tea :)
    Congratulations Poppy!

15plq2h.jpg

Category 2: Fancy Pants
    With 24 Thanks in the qualifiers, the winner of this category is Kovu's Kovu! This cat sure knows how to cut a dash on the *ahem* catwalk :D
    Congratulations Kovu!

dy984z.jpg

Category 3: Lights, Camera, Action!
    This hilarious photo got 34 Thanks in the qualifiers, The Princess Bride's Rascal the cat gets busy building a snowman... although I was expecting a snowmouse :D
    Congratulations Rascal!

2lc22dw.jpg

Category 4: LOLPets!
    Another very funny photo, with an impressive 44 Thanks in the qualifiers, Knine's Border Terriers live up to that terrier mischief we all know and love... I wonder what did happen after this photo was taken? :eek:
    Congratulations to Knine's Border Terriers!

2vm8pw3.jpg

Category 5: Baby Face
    Awwww... do they come any cuter? With 19 thanks in the qualifiers, Jellybear's baby bun-bun Teddy has stolen some hearts here :o
    Congratulations Teddy!

10wi6vm.jpg

• Advertisement

Category 6: Group Shot
    The photo that melted a thousand hearts, and receiving a whopping 71 thanks in the qualifiers, Hooked's wonderful shot of Huskies Hugo and Jack captured a beautiful moment.
    Congratulations Jack and Hugo!

5F1491AB-FA5A-4F75-BCAF-8BDFB8F8743F_zpsjkfmmfr8.jpg

Group 7: Dog & Cat-Free Zone
    Awww... with 39 thanks received in the qualifiers, Semele's Hugh the African Pygmy Hedgehog was popular, if not prickly favourite in this category! Is it just me who wants to squeeze his nose and say "Honk!"???:o
    Congratulations Hugh!

lwnc7.jpg

Category 8: Never Forget
    A new category, and a popular one which gave us a chance to commemorate our pals who aren't with us anymore, but who live on always in our hearts, I wish everyone could have won this one!
    However, we have a clear winner with 49 thanks in the qualifiers, Lia Lia's young-at-heart Cocker Spaniel Holly just goes to show you're as young as you feel! A lovely moment which captured a great personality :)
    Congratulations Holly :o

fc8c001a-cb37-461a-8159-a5cf02e69393_zpsdeddaf84.jpg

Okay everyone, you have three full days to get your votes in to decide our winner!
    Voting closes on Tuesday 23rd December at 9pm sharp.
    Thanks all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I want to give all those pictures a thanks! They all really do deserve it, great pics.

However I will definitely give my vote (thanks) to those gorgeous 2 huskies!

This competition was a great idea, wish I got involved much sooner though!

Congratulations to our 8 semi finalists and good luck! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Very hard choice but have gone with category 4- knine's dogs. It's such a funny photo!!

Also just told Teddy she won her category (Baby Face) and she did a little bunny bink to celebrate :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Awh man, how can I vote for just one. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

You all have amazing pets! Really enjoyed all the categories but my vote goes to Holly who sums up the Never Forget category - how could we forget...I couldn't enter pics of my two who passed this year and last but Holly reminded me of them particularly my girl who was vital up to a week before she went. And I still like to think of them with that joy! A lovely category addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Thank you so much for running this, DBB, it's been wonderful! I was torn, to be honest, I so did want to give it to the Never Forget category, and Holly's shot surely is glorious, but Hooked's picture is just too amazing, and really, 100% deserves to win :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Some fab pics on here, but our vote has gone to Hugo and jack, amazing photo by hooked. They are both just as gorgeous in real life!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Awww yay! I showed Kovu his pic but he wasn't at all interested. Thanks for running the comp DBB, great to see so many pics of happy pets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

This is the pits! Do we really have just ONE vote?!?!?!?!?
    Thats sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mean!
    That Cat with its snowman!
    That Hedgehog!
    Those Border Terriers!
    its toooooo hard!!!
    But, I think for artistic merit, and the fabulous dogs too, I have to go with HOOKED's pair of Huskies too - Category 6, Group.

(could we not have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd vote?!?!? :o)

aonb wrote: »
    This is the pits! Do we really have just ONE vote?!?
    (could we not have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd vote?!?!? :o)

Ah feckit, aonb I can see big puppy dog eyes when I read your post!

Okay then, I'll throw in more money to the Santa Strike Force...
    €15 for 2nd prize
    €10 for 3rd prize.
    That rounds it up to €50 for the SSF from the A&PI forum
    :)

So that means ye can all vote for 3 pics, the one with the most thanks wins, next highest amount of thanks comes 2nd, you get the idea!

I've just realised that because I posted all the pics, I can't thank any of them! Feckity feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Oh thank goodness (and DBB:D) for the 3 votes. I was in an awful dilemma about who to vote for, this makes it a bit easier:)

Drumroll and trumpet fanfare!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our winner!

With his stunning photo of Siberian Huskies Hugo with baby brother Jack, Hooked's photo proved a major favourite, gathering 37 votes by the end of the competition.
    Congratulations Hooked, a super photo! Send me a PM when you're ready to nominate an animal charity of your choice, a donation of €25 will be winging its way to them as soon as I know who you've selected.
    I'll also donate €25 in your name to the Santa Strike Force.

Here is the winning photo. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you.... Jack and Hugo!

5F1491AB-FA5A-4F75-BCAF-8BDFB8F8743F_zpsjkfmmfr8.jpg

• Advertisement

And in 2nd place, last year's winning poster, we have knine and her hilarious Border Terriers playing Hide and Seek. Whilst Hooked's picture has the awww factor, knine's pic caused much hilarity, and finished up with 28 votes by the end of the competition.
    Knine, as you came in 2nd place, I will donate €15 on your behalf to the SSF.
    Well done knine, and well done to your funny duo of Borders :D

2vm8pw3.jpg

And in third place, from our brand new Never Forget category to commemorate our beloved departed pets, we have Lia Lia's delightful Cocker Spaniel Holly, looking very pleased with herself and full of life. She certainly seems to have been a great character and I'm sure she's sadly missed. Holly came a close third with 26 votes.
    A donation of €10 on behalf of Lia Lia and Holly will be made to the SSF.
    Well done Lia Lia, thanks for sharing such a lovely picture with us :)

fc8c001a-cb37-461a-8159-a5cf02e69393_zpsdeddaf84.jpg

To all the other finalists, thank you all so much and well, well done to you all!
    There was a great variety of photos this year, with a number of different species, and all of them were great to see! To all entrants, thank you all for sharing your pets with us this Christmas, and here's wishing you all a very happy, safe, and fun-filled Christmas :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Thank you & well done to the other winners & finalists. All lovely photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Hooked

Not back long from the last of the Christmas shopping. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't keeping a sneaky eye on this thread the last few days. Thanks so much to DBB and all the boardsies and their pets for such a fun competition! We're all thrilled!

Thanks also to the other finalists, especially Knine's 'pair' for running our two so close... Right down to the wire!

So, in honour of our two boys... And to say thanks to everyone for a great comp... Here's the moment I broke the news to the boys!

Please note; there is normally no running, roughhousing or other wild antics 'in the house'. This is their reaction... I couldn't take it from them!

THANKS EVERYONE. And happy Christmas. What a great forum. With fantastic members... And pets!

Here's a linky to the post on the SSF thread in After Hours to tell everyone about your brilliant winning pets!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93557048&postcount=178

If you'll all forgive me, I'm going to break the forum charter rules now :eek:
    As our winner, Hooked had to nominate a registered animal charity to get a €25 donation sent to them.
    He has nominated Limerick Animal Welfare (LAW), and I've just sent the donation to them :o

Lol, I hope I don't get carded for this :D:eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yay! Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You guys, and your pets are awesome.

Merry Christmas :D

• Advertisement

Completely forgot about this. Fair play to the winners, and everyone involved in the organisation and running of this.

Advertisement