Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jack pike tundra shooting boots

Options
  • 30-11-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Lad i was thinking of getting a lair of these what do ye think cant fjnd anything else that i can get in Ireland any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭strangles

Pay the extra 30 euro lad & get the leather ones with vibram soles,got a pair a month ago & il never wear wellies again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

strangles wrote: »
    Pay the extra 30 euro lad & get the leather ones with vibram soles,got a pair a month ago & il never wear willies again.

You'll never what?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fabwing

Pay the extra 30 euro lad & get the leather ones with vibram soles,got a pair a month ago & il never wear willies again.

Think its time to edit :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 333 ✭✭noeleire

snipe49 wrote: »
    Lad i was thinking of getting a lair of these what do ye think cant fjnd anything else that i can get in Ireland any help.
    hi they have the boots on donedeal for 90 euro in carlow mccullaghsports.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

don't go their pure rubbish,buy cheap buy twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭snipe49

blackpearl wrote: »
    don't go their pure rubbish,buy cheap buy twice.

what would u go for ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again get yourself a pair of army boots.

I have a pair of these http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-footwear/army-boots-shoes/paras-genuine-german-para-boots-1020216.html

And also a pair of these http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-footwear/army-boots-shoes/boots-goretex-lined-army-issue-234460.html

Use plenty of boot polish, dubbin/ wax or mink oil and they are as good as any of the Gucci brands.

They take a bit of breaking in but they'll last a life time. i also have a pair of British army goretex gaiters and I can cross streams within reason without getting wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Don't know about their boots, but I was asked to give an opinion on a Jack Pike Bowie knife a few years ago.

Utter rubbish and of the lowest order IMHO. The owner was pretty disappointed, because to him it looked good. If it was the last knife on earth and I needed a knife to survive, I would teach myself to knap flint, first.

that's my only experience with Jack Pike, as I said, don't know anything about their boots.

I've said it before and I'll say it again get yourself a pair of army boots.

I have a pair of these http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-footwear/army-boots-shoes/paras-genuine-german-para-boots-1020216.html

And also a pair of these http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-footwear/army-boots-shoes/boots-goretex-lined-army-issue-234460.html

Use plenty of boot polish, dubbin/ wax or mink oil and they are as good as any of the Gucci brands.

They take a bit of breaking in but they'll last a life time. i also have a pair of British army goretex gaiters and I can cross streams within reason without getting wet.
    Will they post to Ireland .

I can't remember who I bought my boots off, got them on ebay for definite. Had no problem with postage because I used parcel motel.

They will definitely be way more robust than anything you'll buy from Jack Pyke made in china ****e.

• Advertisement

I can't remember who I bought my boots off, got them on ebay for definite. Had no problem with postage because I used parcel motel.

They will definitely be way more robust than anything you'll buy from Jack Pyke made in china ****e.

Good man i'll start looking for somewhere that will post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

they are pure dirt , the clothing line is ok for a lad starting out , better than a tracksuit anyway :D:D:D, Seriously though the jack pike countryman trousers are actually excellent for rough shooting, i was very surprised they are only 60 euro and are reinforced every where you need them to be, i have tore the bollox out of seeland thornhill and beater and deerhunter alimati bottoms but these seem to be still going strong which surprised me because i only got them for doing a bit of work around the pen and highseats.
    As for the boots though stay away from them they are pure ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭strangles

Jaysus lads ye have me worried now,i only have the boots a month but by the sounds of things theyl be fallin apart shortly........

Advertisement