Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saoirse Ronan weight gain

Options
  • 15-11-2014 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone notice saoirse's fairly sizeable weight gain on the late late last night. Know she gained some for Brooklyn, but has put on at least another stone since then. I think she looks good but I'm amazed at how quick she gained so much

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

She'll lose it fairly easily once she accepts the next role that needs her to, wonder how long it took to get to that weight and what the diet was like too

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BoyBlunder5

I'd say she bulked pretty quickly. If you look at pictures in feb/march for example, she is very thin. Plus all the weight is on her face and belly rather than a more even spread suggesting rapid weight gain. I mean now she looks like an extremely attractive college freshman who enjoys a few beers. Nothing wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Anyone notice saoirse's fairly sizeable weight gain on the late late last night. Know she gained some for Brooklyn, but has put on at least another stone since then. I think she looks good but I'm amazed at how quick she gained so much

You obviously weren't listening to her on the Late late OP.

Celebrity/body image/online bullying!

Have a think about it .

Your not a journo. looking to start a 'story' are you op?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BoyBlunder5

Armelodie wrote: »
    Your not a journo. looking to start a 'story' are you op?

Not a journo, and a very big fan of saoirse's. I also said that I thought she looked great. My point was that she had clearly gained for a role, which is admirable . However it appears that she kept gaining once the role was complete. She is a beautiful, inspirational and articulate young woman. I was merely pointing out that once filming stopped she may have had difficulty readjusting to her normal diet. Personally I feel she looks better with the extra weight, though as a highly paid actress, Hollywood may not see it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Anyone notice saoirse's fairly sizeable weight gain on the late late last night.

No, I didn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Really strange though, apparently she put on the weight for Brooklyn.

When I read the book and when I think of Ireland in the 1950's I always think of thin women - my mother says she was like Twiggy in the 6o's "because they never had any food"

But maybe Saoirse was just too girl-like to play a young woman?? (I did think when she got the part that she was a lot younger than what I had imagined when reading the book)

I loved that book can't wait to see the film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

fiachr_a wrote: »

Eh! She's been in an average of 3 films a year since 2007.. She's in 2 this year and announced for Mary queen of scots next year!

Can you compare this with any........................" Esp. ones who have had that record since 2007?

343669.jpg
    IMDB.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

This thread got out of hand.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement