Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poaching

Options
  • 12-11-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if many of you have seen the Facebook pages sharing photos of suspected poachers? Can a group of concerned anglers set up a group, kind of like the community watch schemes in the 80s and 90s, to patrol their local waterways looking for any illegal activity? I'm not talking about a group of mindless thugs or vigilantism!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if many of you have seen the Facebook pages sharing photos of suspected poachers? Can a group of concerned anglers set up a group, kind of like the community watch schemes in the 80s and 90s, to patrol their local waterways looking for any illegal activity? I'm not talking about a group of mindless thugs or vigilantism!!

Yes I have seen said pages. It is absolutely shocking. There are some fish there that anglers could spend years, their whole life in fact fishing for. To think of the scale that this is happening is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Shocking to think this is happening in Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭malinheader

gumbo1 wrote: »

Seems to me in any of the pictures i have seen it is mindless thugs who are doing this, so a group of concerned anglers patroling a waterway would only end up in slanging match or much worse. These people have no morals when they are doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Lads if you want to do something noting can stop you only yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    Shocking to think this is happening in Ireland :(

Really? Not one bit shocked. Seen it happen for years but reporting it is just a waste of phone credit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Kingfish

I have been fishing for 10 years in places in the middle of nowhere to places in the middle of a city or town and have yet to come across nets (thank god ) wat are the names of some of these facbook fools only once did I type in on YouTube tench fishing in Ireland and came across this lad with a massive bag of tench and bream and he just dumped them on the ground and stud on them and then released them that's the closesed I've ever seem poaching only joined fb recently so havnt seen any on it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It's not just about nets man. Lads catching dozens of tench pike perch bream trout and salmon and keeping a significant amount. I'd class that as poaching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

yougot caught poaching and fishing ireland catchandrelease check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Poaching? In Ireland? Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭malinheader

Really? Not one bit shocked. Seen it happen for years but reporting it is just a waste of phone credit

Total waste of phone credit is true,the goverment or water ways management dont seem to care about coarse fish stocks. Check out Catch and release whos killing the fish in the grand canal Ireland.Its on you tube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A sledgehammer to the face wouldn't go amiss for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

This thread is a troll magnet. closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement