Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel shudders when accelerating

Options
  • 30-10-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Wonder if anyone might have any ideas on this problem
    Today my van (02 peugeot partner) has developed a kind of spluttering/shudders but only when my foot is on the accelerator, kind of feels like its not getting enough fuel or air is getting in to the engine.
    Maybe unrelated but I have noticed for a long while now that when the fuel tank was running low , it would exhibit this behavior but not to such an extent as now.
    Any ideas ? bad fuel or something more serious ?
    Thanks
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Start with fuel filter change then see how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Could also be the fuel injectors.

The problem with diesel engines is if you are doing small mileage the injectors get clogged up.

When was the car last serviced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Start with fuel filter change then see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Katarzyna127

Thanks guys, a mechanic checked the filter and reckons its ok (was only recently fully serviced), only clear diesel coming from it.
    He thought it may be an injector too , i had a quick spin this evening and the van seemed to be behaving itself, will get a decent drive tomorrow and see how she is then, thanks again for the help
    Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

had a 1999 citroen berlingo same problems
    turned out to be fuel pump

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions
    Clocked up a lot of miles the last few days and the vans performance has greatly improved, thankfully its almost back to normal, Originally I had let the fuel tank run low and think some crud must have gotten into the system. Anyways just the odd shudder now, I've to fill the tank again tomorrow and will add some redex cleaner (not sure if that does anything though).
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I had a misfire and hesitation for ages, turned out to be egr. I unplugged it and its better than ever.

Is it ok to leave it unplugged indefinitely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Is it ok to leave it unplugged indefinitely ?

As far as I could tell from various forums, once its unplugged the ECU will throw up a eml and will recalculate air/fuel ratio to safely run.
    AFAIK just blanking it can slightly alter the mixture and result in damage.
    Our astra had a slow egr solenoid so only light acceleration gave a misfire and regular diesel knock.

Advertisement