Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seve: the movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭big_drive

Im really looking forward to this. Hard to know how well it will do though, to be honest its hard to see non golf fans supporting it that well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

big_drive wrote: »
    Im really looking forward to this. Hard to know how well it will do though, to be honest its hard to see non golf fans supporting it that well

Dunno, look at senna and rush, a lot of people hadn't a clue who they were going to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Dunno, look at senna and rush, a lot of people hadn't a clue who they were going to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

looks savage..can't wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭newport2

dar_cool wrote: »

True, but I think most people not interested in either sport would find the idea of racing cars more exciting than golf!

That said, I hope it does well. I hope it measures up to the story to be told too, his biography was great. Looking forward to seeing it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Anyone know if it will be on general release in Irish cinemas? Can't find this info online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

cant wait...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I don't care how well it does really, or who goes to watch it. I just can't wait to see it for myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

It's still my favourite Golf joke.

Nick Faldo visited The Louvre in Paris recently on holiday.
    Seve Ballesteros was also there, but only by virtue of massive hook at Wentworth.

From "They Think it's all Over"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

dar_cool wrote: »

Senna was a masterpiece, if Seve is on par then I'll be very happy...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

I'm kinda over the whole Seve thing, I think they have milked way to much; especially round the Ryder Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Boo hiss ^ :(

Seve is still a legend and always will be. :)

I'm kinda over the whole Seve thing, I think they have milked way to much; especially round the Ryder Cup.

MODS... this surely calls for a lifetime ban in the golf forum :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

I'm inspired to work harder just watching the trailer !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Really looking forward to this too, hope it comes to cinema near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I wouldnt think this will be too popular in the states, especially after all Seve did for the Europeans and took the US strangle hold off the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

Anyone know if the movie is showing in Dublin this weekend can't wait to see it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I think 27 June is release date, in the UK anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Omniplex are saying they are going to show, but not saying what cinemas.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the movie is showing in Dublin this weekend can't wait to see it?

Thanks

Most cinemas in Cork are showing it from Friday so it should be the same in Dublin

• Advertisement

paulos53 wrote: »
    Most cinemas in Cork are showing it from Friday so it should be the same in Dublin

doesnt appear to be on in Odeon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Cineworld and movies @ dundrum are showing it. IMC havent put their new schedule up yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Watched this last night, TBH if you have not seen Senna then you need to watch Seve first as Senna is heads and shoulders above Seve.
    That comment aside I felt it could have done with more footage of Seve himself playing across the world and less of the backstory, felt it ended very quick also and perhaps (just) a bit more into his illness...nice to see the one quick flash of an Irish Open.
    The missus is not into either motor sport nor golf and also felt Senna was in a different league.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Watched the seve movie this morning and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately was a bit to young to see him golf or know much about his game etc.

Obviously heard all the stories about how great he was especially around Ryder cup time but the movie really struck home about how much you can achieve with hard work and dedication!

He was a genius on the golf course and taken too young.

I was holding back tears watching last five minutes or so!! Off to the range now to practise :)

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Watched the seve movie this morning and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately was a bit to young to see him golf or know much about his game etc.

Obviously heard all the stories about how great he was especially around Ryder cup time but the movie really struck home about how much you can achieve with hard work and dedication!

He was a genius on the golf course and taken too young.

I was holding back tears watching last five minutes or so!! Off to the range now to practise :)

I was lucky enough to have seen him @ the Irish Open a few times when he reigned supreme. Mind you I was only a young lad, but I do remember being there and cheering him on. He was my hero. Since then my dad always called me Seve, he still does.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Seve OB wrote:
    I was lucky enough to have seen him @ the Irish Open a few times when he reigned supreme. Mind you I was only a young lad, but I do remember being there and cheering him on. He was my hero. Since then my dad always called me Seve, he still does.

I'll see if you are able to live up to the name now on Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I watched it and was thinking it was going to be a bit corny - like a US cheap bipoic for tv only.

It is an unusual format in the 1/2 real footage 1/2 drama.

I surprisingly enjoyed both parts - even if it feels strange.

Some of the footage is fantastic and the research is on a same level with Senna. (if you haven't seen Senna - watch it too)

So - yes go for it if a golf fan.

Was lucky to see him a few times at Irish Open - like SeveOB - was very young.

Sadly seen him with my Dad - when his game was gone gone - about 2000. Was sad as he was only in early 40s then.

When you look back at the early stuff - he was genuinely a star. His book is worth a read - I did find him sort of, someone else's fault for something all the time - in fact, many sport bios are like that.

Advertisement