Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are ye coping with the lost hour?

Options
  • 29-10-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

How are ye coping with the extra hour gone in the evenings?

I was able to get out for 9 holes after work up to last week but due to the clocks going back that is no longer possible. Nearest driving range is Cashel but I don't really like it there as its fairly poor.

Saying that I was only getting out once or twice a week anyways but it was nice to have the option in the evenings. I can see my golf only going in one direction this winter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

It's good for the early morning golfers. Had a 7.30am tee-time last weekend, which was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

hate it - 2 weeks ago I could sneak out for a few holes in the evening. It's pitch dark by the time I leave work now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its been so dark the last few days it seems like we have lost more than 1 hour !

I hope to get out for a few holes tomorrow afternoon if reasonably dry ,its still very mild ,but the days of finishing work early and getting out for a game are now over until next March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Shift work has it's advantages this time of year, can get out in the morning before work on evening shift, still a pain in the hole getting dark so early

• Registered Users Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Have a pint instead.

Not great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Have a few pints

Not bad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Its weekend Golf for me now until around March:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

I hate it. range now, and 13 hole winter league at weekend! thats it :( oh do I hate winter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was out today. Horrible out.

Dark at 5
    I use to go the course at 5.

Advertisement