Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Riddle101 wrote: »
    ^^^^ Shame, I would have loved for them to play the Rains of Castamere. But I guess that songs is banned since it always brings bad luck.

To be fair, Bronn sang it prior to the Battle of the Blackwater and turned out fine.

On the other hand, a Lannister soldier got stabbed in the hand by Oberyn after singing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

To be fair, Bronn sang it prior to the Battle of the Blackwater and turned out fine.

On the other hand, a Lannister soldier got stabbed in the hand by Oberyn after singing it.
    It was repeatedly played at Joffrey's wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jun SNuuh really does know nothing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57DQjdXetDY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oberyn senpai!

tumblr_n98waiPPNa1snao0yo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm reading the first books at the moment. On the train home today, I hit the scenes where Tyrion has to deal with Shagga, and nearly imploded in public:
    “And Shagga son of Dolf.” That was the first voice, deep and deadly. A boulder shifted to their left, and stood, and became a man. Massive and slow and strong he seemed, dressed all in skins, with a club in his right hand and an axe in his left. He smashed them together as he lumbered closer.
    “Little boyman,” Shagga roared, “will you mock my axe after I chop off your manhood and feed it to the goats?”
    Shagga glowered, a fearsome sight to see. “Shagga son of Dolf likes this not. Shagga will go with the boyman, and if the boyman lies, Shagga will chop off his manhood-”
    “-and feed it to the goats, yes,” Tyrion said wearily. “Shagga, I give you my word as a Lannister, I will return.”
    Boys emerged hesitantly from the stables to see to their horses. Shagga did not want to give his up. “The lad won’t steal your mare,” Tyrion assured him. “He only wants to give her some oats and water and brush out her coat.” Shagga’s coat could have used a good brushing too, but it would have been less than tactful to mention it. “You have my word, the horse will not be harmed.”
    Glaring, Shagga let go his grip on the reins. “This is the horse of Shagga son of Dolf,” he roared at the stableboy.
    “If he doesn’t give her back, chop off his manhood and feed it to the goats,” Tyrion promised. “Provided you can find some.”
    The door behind him opened with a crash, so violently that Tyrion almost dropped his cheese. Ser Kevan leapt up swearing as the captain of the guard went flying across the room to smash against the hearth. As he tumbled down into the cold ashes, his lion helm askew, Shagga snapped the man’s sword in two over a knee thick as a tree trunk, threw down the pieces, and lumbered into the common room. He was preceded by his stench, riper than the cheese and overpowering in the closed space. “Little redcape,” he snarled, “when next you bare steel on Shagga son of Dolf, I will chop off your manhood and roast it in the fire.”
    “What, no goats?” Tyrion said, taking a bite of cheese.
    “This is Conn son of Coratt. Shagga son of Dolf is the one who looks like Casterly Rock with hair. They are Stone Crows."
    Tyrion saw Shagga catch a spearman full in the chest as the fool came on at a run, saw his axe shear through mail and leather and muscle and lungs. The man was dead on his feet, the axehead lodged in his breast, yet Shagga rode on, cleaving a shield in two with his left-hand battle-axe while the corpse was bouncing and stumbling bonelessly along on his right. Finally the dead man slid off. Shagga smashed the two axes together and roared.
    When they were alone, Lord Tywin glanced at Tyrion. “Your savages might relish a bit of rapine. Tell them they may ride with Vargo Hoat and plunder as they like—goods, stock, women, they may take what they want and burn the rest.”
    “Telling Shagga and Timett how to pillage is like telling a rooster how to crow,” Tyrion commented, “but I should prefer to keep them with me.” Uncouth and unruly they might be.
    "Casterly Rock with hair" ... the boy's not right ... :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

Game of Thrones: Season 4 Bloopers

Emilia at 1:20 though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

HFoOCeg.jpg

From the reddit gayforoberyn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

cc7143d218ac59fff1d75e234ec88a9a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

10463947_345911645557718_1227373759798039091_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

10600667_713911382020255_5843889499356526218_n.jpg?oh=535c49b3fd823114859116bd93afea55&oe=5471227F&__gda__=1417024758_5994747436bb668503b3dcde1420872d

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

9a44a3a6a64f6d40.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

67795-Game-of-Thrones-sausage-gif-Ra-0Kxq.gif

w32Z2Wj.gif?t=1412700162

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fans of The Nightmare Before Christmas should love this (S1-3 spoilers):

The original song, for reference:

• Advertisement

Muv0d6vh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

pwx5q9O.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

And people don't like cats? I'd like to see someone teach a dog to do that..

GerB40 wrote: »
    And people don't like cats? I'd like to see someone teach a dog to do that..

slye5NT.jpg

sew.jpg

9B7XHzMh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There is an Android Xposed Module which changes all text to Hodor, its pretty hilarious :pac:

Advertisement