Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Foal Mares

Options
  • 09-09-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere to alert one if a mare is in foal? Only ever seem to hear they are in foal after they win.
    Is there anything in the rules for a trainer to declare a runner is in foal?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

To my knowledge they don't have to publish anything and they generally don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Is there anywhere to alert one if a mare is in foal? Only ever seem to hear they are in foal after they win.
    Thanks

Hell no, God for bid that the punter would be privacy to information like that. Getting accurate going updates is like trying to get state secrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

In the states they consider racing a mare in foal inhuman. but you can load up your horse with all the drugs you want on race day and that's not considered inhuman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I personally don't think it's right either. Don't see what the drugs has to do with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

andyman wrote: »
    I personally don't think it's right either. Don't see what the drugs has to do with anything.

I used the drugs to highlight an obvious contradiction. I'm all for Mare running in foal early in the pregnancy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I used the drugs to highlight an obvious contradiction. I'm all for Mare running in foal early in the pregnancy.

Whatever about the contradiction, it's not exactly a fault if they consider running a mare in foal inhuman

• Registered Users Posts: 4 david4syth

Thanks

I am pretty sure you have to notify the Jockey Club if your mare has been bred not alone if she is in foal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

andyman wrote: »

Nothing wrong with running a mare that's in foal. Mares in foal tend to be more tractable, relaxed and more genuine. There's a very good reason why connections don't publicise that their mare is in foal.

Advertisement