Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

i'm tempted by it but I'm not sure......for anyone who has it does everything work on demand? ...... like can you re watch episodes of open court and other NBA tv

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

ec18 wrote: »
    i'm tempted by it but I'm not sure......for anyone who has it does everything work on demand? ...... like can you re watch episodes of open court and other NBA tv

Every game are on-demand from the past 2 season. Everything on NBA TV is on demand from only the previous week or two. I usually got LP because it's the only place I could watch my Cavs but seeing as we're now on BT Sports at least 10 times before December, I'm giving it a think-over. Will probably end up getting it though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Everything on NBA TV is on demand from only the previous week or two. I usually got LP because it's the only place I could watch my Cavs but seeing as we're now on BT Sports at least 10 times before December, I'm giving it a think-over. Will probably end up getting it though

I think the main settling point for me getting it will be the monthly charge of €19.99 spread across several months. I've NFL gamepass and they charge over a few months only and it's €39.99 each month which is a bit much to be going out of the bank account each month.

I think the main settling point for me getting it will be the monthly charge of €19.99 spread across several months. I've NFL gamepass and they charge over a few months only and it's €39.99 each month which is a bit much to be going out of the bank account each month.

I'd agree on that, 40 a month is a ton. If I was you, I'd hold off on getting LP until December-Febuary. That way, you're covered for the NBA run in, you can focus on all regular season/playoff games on Gamepass and the price of LP will usually be reduced down (think last year, it was a fiver less a month or €30 less as a once off)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

when is bill simmons back it was a bull**** suspension day one and i want my bs report

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    when is bill simmons back it was a bull**** suspension day one and i want my bs report

He's been back since last Wednesday. No idea when the next B.S Report podcast is out but Bill and Jalen's NBA preview videos are underway on Grantland now:

http://grantland.com/2014-bill-and-jalen-nba-preview/

He's been back since last Wednesday. No idea when the next B.S Report podcast is out but Bill and Jalen's NBA preview videos are underway on Grantland now:

sweet great news cheers mate

Yeah they're putting up a couple at a time, they were recorded before he was suspended though so I'm not sure what he's up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ballstreams is much better than league pass in my opinion. I've had both and Ballstreams has better quality, the broadcasts are local so you get pregame/postgame and everything is archived instantly to watch. DVR features etc. all included too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

I gather that ballstreams doesn't include NBA Tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ec18 wrote: »
    I gather that ballstreams doesn't include NBA Tv?

Don't believe so.

They do have a neat feature where if you buy a 1 year sub now for $100, you can ''freeze'' your account in June after the season ends and then restart it again next October. So if you sign up now you can get a subscription until February 2016 if you freeze the account next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Don't want to get too excited about a pre-season game, but D. Rose on fire against the Cavs, 20 points in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

padraig_f wrote: »
    Don't want to get too excited about a pre-season game, but D. Rose on fire against the Cavs, 20 points in the first half.

Kyrie had a great game too.
    Potentially the best two PGs this season, obviously Chris Paul will be up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

killwill wrote: »
    Kyrie had a great game too.
    Potentially the best two PGs this season, obviously Chris Paul will be up there too.

Yeah, offensively anyway :)

30 points in 24 mins...

Magic sign vucivec to a long term deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

What exactly do you get with NBA TV for 6 quid a month does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Wow, Nash ruled out for the year with nerve issues in back. Retirement is now very imminent I would presume, a sad way to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

buyer95 wrote: »
    Wow, Nash ruled out for the year with nerve issues in back. Retirement is now very imminent I would presume, a sad way to go.

I don't think he will go down as a great player. Should never have been given MVPs, No defensive skills, Completely overrated player. No jersey in any rafters, No place in the hall of fame

I don't think he will go down as a great player. Should never have been given MVPs, No defensive skills, Completely overrated player. No jersey in any rafters, No place in the hall of fame

Ah come off it. Those Nash teams in Phoenix were amongst the most entertaining basketball I've ever watched. He'll have his jersey retired there and hanging from the rafters a few years after he retired. He's one of the best shooters the league has seen, not in terms of raw FG made like Allen or Miller, but in terms of percentages. Those years he was the MVP in Phoenix he pushed the ball up the court at an astounding pace (7 seconds or less) and always seemed to pick out the right option on a play, be it driving to the hoop himself or finding an open man to pass to. Sure fire hall of famer in my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

This is quite possibly one of the most stupid posts i have seen in this forum. 2 time MVP(regardless of how merited one may have been), a 50/40/90 shooter at a record setting level, an icon for every canadian player who will enter the league for the next 10 years and one of if not the most important Suns in the last 20 years. But yeah, not that great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I honestly said to myself when the replies came up in my inbox on this subject that this has to DRD again, and lo and behold, it is. I thought your comments on Indiana last year were hilariously biased and bad, but well done, you've managed to top yourself wit this one. I'm genuinely wondering if you're trolling, as you couldn't have this little knowledge of the game to post something like that seriously, could you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Ade must be fuming not being able to reply to that

Tbh I havn't respected DRD opinion on point guards since he posted here that Felton and Vasquez are better than Wall. I can dig out the post if anyone doesn't believe me.

Can we please refrain from attacking the poster rather than the post? I have no problem with people debating the points made in the post above but digging up past posts to illustrate your lack of respect is not on

Can we please refrain from attacking the poster rather than the post? I have no problem with people debating the points made in the post above but digging up past posts to illustrate your lack of respect is not on

Fair enough Mal sorry, but the lack of respect for Steve Nash by DRD has upset me. I don't view my post as an attack on him, merely an attack on his ability to judge a good point guard. We've been down the John Wall road one too many times(major understatement:pac:) and no one would dispute what a great player he is.

To call Nash overrated is borderline heresy. He is the no.3 all time assist leader, best FT shooter ever, one of the greatest pure shooters ever. He was unstoppable on the pick and roll at getting into the lane, and dishing to the open guy for the easy basket. He was the lynchpin of one of the most aesthetically pleasing offenses ever seen in the NBA with Phoenix, running teams out of the building on a nightly basis. To go out on a whimper is so very sad for this great player.

I apologise if my post came across as overly offensive to DRD, but that comment really, really bothered me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No problem in that Mal, but sometimes I can't help but think a certain someone is just trolling for reaction(s) on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I'm just going to park this here in response

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I'm just going to park this here in response

Stoudamire was a beast in his Phoenix days too wasnt he?
    Imagine playing with a PG like that. All you need to do is step into space and he will do all the hard work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

A very obvious attempt to rile people up or else a shocking assessment of a player, I hope it's the first one to be honest.
    I think this poster has been down this road before if I am not mistaken, on more than one occasion...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement