Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese pop-up phone laptop shops

Options
  • 15-10-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

My partner needed to get a DC port on her laptop fixed.
    Two months, several lies, etc etc later, they tell her that it's not repairable. No more information is given.
    The place is one of those Chinese pop-up establishments which doesn't have a name.
    The laptop(yoga pro2) came back extremely scratched, I have no idea what they did to it to get it this way. I actually have some pics of it before and after.
    The screen was pried out of the frame, it was genuinely like a child had been given a knife and told "open this up at any cost".
    I had a similar problem in a similar establishment with a phone a while back too. They put a generic screen on it and it never sat right, it wobbled when pressed etc.

The receipt doesn't have the store name, and the owner refused to give their name so our options for small claims court are limited.
    Any ideas? It was a lovely laptop and now it's ruined. I could easily buy the part on ebay and can easily fix it, but tbh it looks like crap now and not worth it.

These stores really lower the tone, they have no respect for Irish consumer rights, taxation, whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I gave my phone to one of them to fix. Came back fixed at the price they had quoted. Was given a receipt when I dropped it off with their name. great service altogether. It was on moore st. the first one on the right as your going down it. very happy customer.

Where was your one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Fuzzy wrote: »
    These stores really lower the tone, they have no respect for Irish consumer rights, taxation, whatever.

Yet you were happy to use it because you thought you were getting something cheap as chips.

a lot of people seem to know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

D3PO wrote: »
    Yet you were happy to use it because you thought you were getting something cheap as chips.

a lot of people seem to know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.
    Tired and out of place cliche aside, I do agree with you. There's nothing wrong with trying to save a few bob, and tbh I know most people have positive experiences in these stores.

She actually gave the mrs €20 back as an apology for scratching the machine, so maybe they have learned a little about taking care of other peoples kit. And needlessly damaging a customers laptop is not something that's acceptable, no matter how inexpensive their service is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So hang on, after a similar establishment making a complete mess of your phone you thought it was still a good idea for your wife to a laptop into one of these places to get fixed?

genius. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

So hang on, after a similar establishment making a complete mess of your phone you thought it was still a good idea for your wife to a laptop into one of these places to get fixed?

genius. :pac:
    I said partner not wife, and I don't control her, she does what she wants!

• Advertisement
Advertisement