Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trailcam

Options
  • 29-09-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

http://www.mcldirect.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=SAM6210MG

Im thinking of getting a trail cam. I was on donedeal there, found the one above. Has anyone got one of these, or similar to it?
    The price is at the upper end of my budget, so any alternatives cant b any more
    For what i want, i want it to be discrete, without a flash. Im looking to monitor the henhouse, dens, burrows, and some trails where i have spotted deer in the past. I set a few cages for foxes too, so would want to monitor them too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

I have a bushnel tropht hd , cheaper than the acorn.No flash , does pics and vid and very good at night, batterys last ages . does the job for me
    5ouhr8.jpg
    15p3ehw.jpg
    211l078.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

aldi does same one for 90 euro on a specail once or twice a year hold out mate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Expensive!!
    Try this crowd.
    http://www.dhgate.com/product/hc300m-mms-gsm-hunting-cameras-trail-cameras/168211943.html
    They do the acorn as well at about 330usd.They ship from China with free postage[no idea how they do that!] which takes about 30 days to get here.

Been using the pictured camera for a year now.Its pretty good value for the money.Albeit not the most waterproof of them.One is Bllxed due to a strong Irish rainstorm:p So putting one out in an unshelterd area isnt very advisable.:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Sika98k

I have both the Aldi and Acorn trail cameras. The newer acorn(possibly updated now)has no red glow taking photos.
    Otherwise the two are compatible. Both good buys IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Eddie B

You'll get very reasonably priced trail cams on eBay! Browning do a nice range, and their up there with all the big names performance wise!

If your having a look, make sure to search Worldwide!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Expensive!!
    Try this crowd.
    http://www.dhgate.com/product/hc300m-mms-gsm-hunting-cameras-trail-cameras/168211943.html
    They do the acorn as well at about 330usd.They ship from China with free postage[no idea how they do that!] which takes about 30 days to get here.

Been using the pictured camera for a year now.Its pretty good value for the money.Albeit not the most waterproof of them.One is Bllxed due to a strong Irish rainstorm:p So putting one out in an unshelterd area isnt very advisable.:p

It looks good however its a long wayaway and I would be cautious purchasing something that I cannot go back to a shop with/pick up the phone. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the same camera, even if I had to drive 100 miles to return it!

Advertisement