Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jam Speaker under £10 Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Seems like great value and this is a great little speaker with good sound for such a small device, other colours available for same price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0091REER8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Ah balls, think it cost me £16.
    I bought one last week and I got delivered. Its a great piece of kit & I highly recommend it.
    Ah fcuk it gonna buy a couple more at that price you couldn't go wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Contact them and let them know about the price change, they should refund the difference. If not, just tell them you want to return the one you have and buy another thats cheaper, then they should refund....

bidiots wrote: »
    Contact them and let them know about the price change, they should refund the difference. If not, just tell them you want to return the one you have and buy another thats cheaper, then they should refund....

oh really didnt know that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

They still sell these for 30 euro in curry's and other electrical shops. Rip off Republic as usual, annoys me because if they didn't charge such a premium we would support Irish jobs but for practically a third of the price online why would we.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

They still sell these for 30 euro in curry's and other electrical shops. Rip off Republic as usual, annoys me because if they didn't charge such a premium we would support Irish jobs but for practically a third of the price online why would we.
    Small Irish businesses don't have the buying power and pull of Amazon, the largest online goods website in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Are these any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

adox wrote: »
    Are these any use?

The quality of the sound from them is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Small Irish businesses don't have the buying power and pull of Amazon, the largest online goods website in the world.

Seriously? Curry's is a massive UK retailer. They charge whatever they want!

Super-Rush wrote: »
    The quality of the sound from them is excellent.

Cheers and cheer OP too. Ordered 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got one of these for €35 quid 2 years ago, great bit of kit, Cant go wrong with that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Would this kind of speaker work in a car? My car is old so I only use the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Inbox wrote: »
    Would this kind of speaker work in a car? My car is old so I only use the radio.

only if you stick it to the roof and pretend it's a siren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

balfe1990 wrote: »

Well they're kinda fooked then because if they can't compete on price then customer service is their only remaining advantage. And from what I've seen of Irish electrical retailers they're not so hot on the customer service element either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Great piece of kit altogether we have 2 here herself got a much bigger grey on in the states

Some sound for such a small device

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

delivery is £6.90 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

cintec wrote: »
    delivery is £6.90 for me

Spend at least around £24 on stuff sold by Amazon for free delivery.

delivery is £6.90 for me

I ordered 3 and got free delivery. You have to spend £25 I think for free delviery to Ireland or else use Parcel Motel to keep delivery costs down.

€40 for 3 units delivered.:)

once my basket was over £25 shipping was free thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I ordered 3 and got free delivery. You have to spend £25 I think for free delviery to Ireland or else use Parcel Motel to keep delivery costs down.

Great speaker battery lasts for about 4 hours They were €30 in tescos ... well spotted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks OP - ordered 3, they'll make great little presents.

Do watch your colour choice folks, some (like purple) are over 20 GBP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well they're kinda fooked then because if they can't compete on price then customer service is their only remaining advantage. And from what I've seen of Irish electrical retailers they're not so hot on the customer service element either.
    In my experience, Amazon are absolutely first rate when it comes to customer service. Doubt any bricks and mortar store here would have a prayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I paid 50€ for that exact speaker in Tesco two years ago. It's a fantastic device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

First I dont need the speaker that Im buying anyways due to the price, now I have to buy more to get free delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

You can't lose...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Thank Op lovely speakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

tesco monaghan had a few of these recently for €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

different colours take differing delivery times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks. I have ordered a blue and a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Inbox wrote: »

I bought this,to use, in my car.

Throw spotify on, on my phone, and away I go.

The car radio is a load of ****e and won't save stations, for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Thanks, ended up buying a wireless keyboard along with it to get the total over £25 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ordered 2. Cheers OP. Gonna throw one in the car to listen to Audible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

once my basket was over £25 shipping was free thanks
    long_b wrote: »
    Thanks OP - ordered 3, they'll make great little presents.
    First I dont need the speaker that Im buying anyways due to the price, now I have to buy more to get free delivery
    We need to organise a buyers' club for BAs such as this. Divvy-up at a beers for this one, where suddenly all the speakers start blaring at once; track to be chosen by the actual buyer.

Even better, the speakers all start blaring at onced from pockets/bags while the club is walking down the road later. Everyone looks around with a wtf expression on their face...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Looks like it's gone up to £18 now and even more for other colours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

What's more annoying is that I put one of these in my basket last night at £9.97, meaning to find other stuff today to bring the total over £24, and now it's gone. Not "no longer in stock", or with an increased price notification ...just gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 geronimofinch

He who hesitates sees savings lost.

Did the same myself FFS!

Wouldn't be in the mood to buy one now, was going to throw in an umbrella and all this morning. Oh well.

• Advertisement

bidiots wrote: »

They refunded the price difference yesterday :)

I ordered 3 more yesterday. At that price you could go wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thms.kelly

They are back up in price now
    Thanks for the ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

These guys are a great alternative and retailing at the moment for £7.52. Wholeheartedly recommended.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XMI-X-Mini-Generation-Capsule-Speaker/dp/B001UEBN42/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1409312479&sr=1-1&keywords=x+mini+speaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Not bluetooth, though, but they are a great little speaker and that's about half the price or less they go for in bricks'n'mortar here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

blastman wrote: »
    Not bluetooth, though, but they are a great little speaker and that's about half the price or less they go for in bricks'n'mortar here.

Oops, sorry, didnt realise the OPs speakers were bluetooth. I've been a bit slow to move into the cordless age :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

£18 again.
    Wait a while and they will come down again.
    Amazon trying to create false demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

Amazon trying to create false demand
    False demand ? Plenty of demand on here .... at £9.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Sign up for free 30 day trial of prime (turn off auto renew straight away so you don't forget and get stung the 79 quid) for free delivery,no need to spend 25!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Saw these speakers today in Tesco for €49.99.

got mine today even smaller than I thought it would be and great sound

Mine arrived yesterday.

Great little yokes with plenty of poke for their size.

Cheers again OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Mine's only just been dispatched from Belgium (I think). The rest of the stuff I ordered to get the total over £25 has already been delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Saw these speakers today in Tesco for €49.99.

probably scanned at 72c :D

still waiting on mine here too

Advertisement