Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuner Overload message on Satelite free to air

• 28-08-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi

I have a walker combi box 645TS-HD. All going fine until this evening when the satelite system went on the blink with the message tuner overload.

Just wondering if theres anything a novice like me can do. Or should i ring the crowd that installed it. The dish is a sky dish that is going on 6 years old. The lads said that it might last a year or two given the rust.

Any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

To my mind tuner overload means too much signal. But I guess Walker actually mean short circuit coax to the dish. Probably caused by poorly fitted screw on F connectors.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Or mechanical damage to the coax that's allowed water to get into the cable, which has either shorted it out somewhere along the route, or water has tracked down the cable till its reached the F connector on the back of the receiver.

If the cable goes over the edge of the dish, or a bracket, or the guttering, those are prime suspect places for the insulation to get worn off over time by movement in the wind, but finding the location to stop the problem can be a challenge if the cable is high above ground,

A short term fix may be to find the damage and wrap the cable in the area with self amalgamating tape, but in the longer term you may end up having to get the cable replaced,

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement