Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Hardcore Championship Tournament (24/7 Rules apply!)

Options
  • 26-08-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

20121031_Light_Hardcore_Title_HOMEPAGE.jpg

To follow on from the very entertaining Intercontinental Championship tournament hosted by our very own ShagNastii, I thought we could change direction a bit and go with one of the lesser prestigious, but more fun, titles that people remember fondly from the attitude era. The Hardcore Title came into existence in late 1998 and featured until 2002. Having being defended everywhere from a river to an airport, this strap has had 52 wrestlers hold it at one point or another. Many of these were on house shows and were for less than a day so a few have been cut for the sake of clarity and convenience.

I have gone with the blind draw again so you will only discover the participants as they come up. I hope you enjoy and we can all reminisce about some fun memories.

All first round matches will be decided by the first wrestler to acquire four votes
    Round 1

The Undertaker

''You're a dead man walking''

89_The_Undertaker_1.jpg

vs

Tommy Dreamer

The innovator of violence...and custom belts

059_WWE-ENCYCLOPEDIA-3816.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I'm gonna go with Undertaker. Mainly for the match in which he won the title at Vengeance '01 against RVD.

also because Dreamer had ruined the European title in that picture above. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Undertaker

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm gonna give Tommy Dreamer a vote. He never got a meaningful ECW Title Reign in its original incarnation and I think this went some way in validating his reputation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dreamer. The Hardcore title just isn't a title I'd really associate with Undertaker, I'd have it much closer to Dreamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Taker. Amazing title reign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Undertaker. His reign and battles with the Hardys were epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Dreamer gets it. Hardcore runs through his veins!

Big Evil advances at the expense of the ECW Original in a good matchup. This, I reckon, will be more one sided.

Raven

''Quote the Raven... I'm hardcore''

wwfhc9.jpg

vs

Gerald Brisco

''Non-stop-Body-Shop''

063_WWE-Encyclopedia1923.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Raven, hands down. I'd be surprised if Raven didn't make it quite far in this to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Raven, obviously.

• Advertisement

Raven. Always looked forward to his Hardcore matches.

Raven easily.

The former McMahon stooge feels the full Raven Effect as the man from the Bowery flocks on with a whitewash.

Hardcore Holly

''How do ya like me now?!''

061_WWE-ENCYCLOPEDIA-3824.jpg

vs

Goldust

''Doing Backlot Brawls before it was cool''

20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Hardcore Holly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Gotta go with bob "Double H" Holly

Double H votes for Double H. Has to be Holly!

Sparky Plugg gets my vote.

"How do you like me now?"

Hardcore Holly get my vote.

Forgot Goldy even held the title.

The Big Shot goes through. This title gave this man a career to be honest so it's only fitting. Next up in Round 1:

Bradshaw

''A hardcore wrestling god''

400px-Bradshaw.jpg

And as a bonus, his custom Hardcore Texas Championship

WWETexasHardcoreChampionship.jpg

vs

Rob Van Dam

''The Whole F'N Show''

16.jpg

Rob Van Dam for me. Coincidentally, today 12 years ago Rob won the hardcore title to combine it with the IC title.

• Advertisement

RVD gets it. Another hardcore dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Bradshaw. Just for the clothesline(s) from hell in the battle royal bischoff put on for the title.

RVD. Really brought the Hardcore title some prestige in it's last year of existence. Had some awesome matches too (vs Jeff at Invasion. vs Taker at Vengeance)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

RVD. His match with Jeff Hardy during the alliance era was easily a standout and their two styles meshed perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Rob Van Dam for me too , Everything about him screamed hardcore especially his ECW moveset when he was allowed to use it, The Vandamninator was an aweseome finisher

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

RVD, he had some pretty good matches back then for the Hardcore and IC titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

RVD. The matches with Jeff were awesome.

Mr Monday Night defeats the Texas Longhorn in a landslide victory. This next match features two invaders, one of whom was the first man from outside to capture a title during the Invasion.

The Hurricane

''Wassssssup wit dat?!''

the-hurricane.jpg

vs

Mike Awesome

"The Career Killer''

20010625_hc.jpg

Mike awesome for sure. The man screams hardcore (and the 70's :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hurricane. Awesome never impressed me with anything post ECW (barred ONS).

A Headcheese final. I bo-lieve.

Advertisement