Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy crap... simple router change MASSIVE DIFFERENCE!

Options
  • 26-08-2014 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

This was my best "4G" connection using the 4G wifi hub that came with THREE [Netgear AC762S]:

3653781099.png

Changed the router to a Huawei B593s-22 and this is the result, no external antenna yet:

3714751315.png

:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Would running the test in the morning v evening have anything to do with it?

Also tests are a month apart.. Any upgrade works going on?

Do a quick retest of them both and see how they compare.. interesting results nonetheless..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

3714782496.png

with the AC.

These results are wirelessly done btw --- my PC's directly downstairs, while the router's upstairs by the window facing towards the mast.

I plan to get my house networked, at some point, using powerline adapters... while having 2 eternal antenna's [A-LPDA-0092] hooked up on the roof that'll be attached to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

a simple €180 change....but impressive if the improvement is consistent through out the day.
    Where did ye buy it?

3715613040.png

Got it off Amazon: LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

woah! What your signal strength like in dB (RSRP)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

does the b953 support wds bridging?

I honestly have no idea what that is... if I need help I tend to always google it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I believe it does...

segNfQY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Recently ordered a B593 of amazon.
    @ Beerwolf Did you use it as it came out of the box or did you tweak the configuration any to improve performance.

All you gota do is put yer sim in and it's good to go

You can change the country location to Ireland and set up profiles but it comes pretty much ready to go from the box

• Advertisement

bodonnell wrote: »
    Recently ordered a B593 of amazon.
    @ Beerwolf Did you use it as it came out of the box or did you tweak the configuration any to improve performance.

Just had to add in APN settings for my ISP provider, and away it went... nothing else - quick and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Got my b593 this am & have it up and running. One thing I've noticed, signal strength is showing 1 out of 5 bars on the 4g network whereas the e5372 showed 4/5. There is a slight speed increase so not overly worried just wondering is there some tweak in settings to increase signal strength. Using external antenna btw.

It can take a day or two to figure it out and the best position and location etc but even simply moving the box or external antenna makes a difference. Try different rooms and positions to get the best out of it.

I get 3-5 bars of 3g, even indoors, but 1-3 bars of 4g on different dongles and routers... 4g signal is slightly harder to get a better signal on than the 3/3.5g but even 1 bar of 4g is much better than 3/3.5g

I managed to get a solid 3 bars of 4g and this was the top speed I've got

XsLfFYx.png

:pac:

I was downloading at 1.5Mb last night :eek:

Advertisement