Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals on Laundry Detergent?

Options
  • 20-08-2014 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I've just hit the last bottle of the Bold with Comfort Tesco BA from last September (1 litre bottles were about €3), and am traumatised at the thought of paying full price for detergent again. I don't have space to store large boxes of powder so can't get those. Any decent deals at the mo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

SuperValu have Persil liquid non-bio 40 wash €6.98 (from €14) from 21 Aug. to 3 Sept...also coupon on Pigsback for €1 off, no bottle size specified! Tesco have same for €7 until 26 Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

I ran out of stockpiled Persil Liquid a while ago and there hasn't been much by the way of deals since.

Aldi's Almat Concentrated Bio liquid is great value and a Which Best Buy (scores better than Bold and Surf) so that's what I'm using. Can't remember the price but way cheaper than Persil and Ariel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I know a good few people that have had allergic reactions to the Aldi stuff. Stick with the brands IMO. Tesco usually have decent offers on for laundry detergent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I know a good few people that have had allergic reactions to the Aldi stuff. Stick with the brands IMO. Tesco usually have decent offers on for laundry detergent.

Plenty of people have reactions to the brands. Better to try the supermarket stuff before writing it off. Nearly all own brand detergents, cleaners etc are manufactured by the same UK company that I can't remember the name of right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

MYOB wrote: »
    Plenty of people have reactions to the brands. Better to try the supermarket stuff before writing it off. Nearly all own brand detergents, cleaners etc are manufactured by the same UK company that I can't remember the name of right now.

I'd rather not risk a reaction, thanks all the same!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I'd rather not risk a reaction, thanks all the same!

A reaction you're just as likely to have buying a branded product you've not used before.

Blind brand loyalty like this is why they charge so much for extremely basic products.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Larry Bee

There is a deal for Persil on grabone.ie at the moment - I dont seem to be able to post the link at present...

Advertisement