Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long after interview?

• 24-07-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi,

It's been 3 weeks since I had an interview in an IT for a lecturing position. I thought the presentation went well but I got stuck on a couple of questions during the actual interview.
    I haven't heard anything back. Is this a good/bad sign? I know there's no answer to this question really but it would be good to hear how long other people had to wait..

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Green_Zero

Just to give us an idea of the most common waiting times, could people tell us how long it was before they were told they had the job after an interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I've never been waiting for more than a day or two for any job I was offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭smallgarden

For teaching rather than lecturing most of the time if you got the job you are offered it a few hours later or within a day or two. It's helpful to ask in the interview when they will decide to keep you from the awful wait of not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

I've been advised by someone who interviews a lot of candidates not to ask when you will hear - that it sounds weak. Others might think it sounds eager and enthusiastic though. Hard to tell.
    Three weeks does seem like a lot though. Last teaching job I was in, the interview was in the late morning and I was offered the job before close of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Redser87 wrote: »
    I've been advised by someone who interviews a lot of candidates not to ask when you will hear - that it sounds weak. Others might think it sounds eager and enthusiastic though. Hard to tell.
    Three weeks does seem like a lot though. Last teaching job I was in, the interview was in the late morning and I was offered the job before close of business.

It depends on the list though, i know someone (in a different public sector area) who was 11 on the panel and wound up getting the job after the others turned it down. Hare and the tortoise and all that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement