Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build, €800 gaming pc

Options
  • 10-07-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

1. What is your budget? €800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming mostly, and a bit of photoshop.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes, I plan on getting a cd code from the software swapping subreddit to make it a lot cheaper though.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No, first build

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need? Not sure what size, doesn't need to be massive but I'd like it to be 1920x1080 at least.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Plan to add another monitor of the same size when I have some extra money.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Have a keyboard and mouse that I've been using with my laptop. Wouldn't mind upgrading my mouse, it's started falling apart the last few months but that can wait.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No.

8. How can you pay? Visa Debit Card/Paypal

9. When are you purchasing? Hopefully within the next fortnight

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I'm in Wicklow, and if there's anyone willing I wouldn't mind help with it.

I've finally got the money together to build a gaming pc, just want it to be able to run newer games well, if possible on high settings. I may not be able to reply quickly as my laptops on the fritz at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

First Bit:
    HV20I546DE Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box 155,69 €
    HV1137RMDE ASRock H81M-VG4, Sockel 1150, mATX 36,74 €
    HV20MI48DE 8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9 63,12 €
    HV203I97DE BitFenix Comrade Midi-Tower white, ohne Netzteil 34,47 €
    HV13TD10DE Toshiba DT01ACA Series 1TB, SATA 6Gb/s 45,92 €
    HVALTU84DE BenQ GL2250HM 99,00 €
    HV27LS21DE Logitech LS21 2.1 Speaker System 22,39 €

Total value: 457,33 €

Amazon

SanDisk SDSSDP-128G-G25 128 GB Pulse SATA 6 GB/s Internal 2.5-inch Solid State Device by SanDisk £42.72

Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit Eligible for FREE Delivery £31.63

~94 euro

Novatech http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/amdradeongraphicscards/amdr9280series/r9-280a-tdbd.html#utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1018132_HotUKDeals

~197 euro

~750 altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Panda_Eire

What settings would i be able to run GTA 5 (and similar games) on with this build and expect to get 60fps, also I'll need a card reader which I forgot to mention when I was making the post as I'm so used to them being built into anything I've used. And when all of the stuff arrives will it be ready to piece together or am I going to need to buy cables and stuff. Sorry for the silly questions, only had 2 laptops in the past and they were both around 6 years old when I got them at the time.

Advertisement