Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling matches for spectators?

Options
  • 21-06-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I have a family member who works with people with special needs, and one of the clients in there has a big birthday coming up. This person has a huge interest in wrestling, so it would be ideal if they could be brought to a wrestling match and possibly meet some of the participants. I am doing some other research about the best places to go, etc., but I thought you guys might be well placed to advise me as to anywhere that they could go and watch a live event. It doesn't need to be a big event at all - just the general experience would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Edit - sorry, I'm assuming this is the best place to ask. Mods - if not, please let me know and I can delete and re-post somewhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Might want to check the Irish promotions thread. From there you'd be able to get in touch with one of the promoters for the shows that are coming up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I've never been to a show in Ireland from either an American or Irish company that hasn't shown at least some evidence of accommodation or concession for people with special needs. It was one thing I thought Irish Whip Wrestling used to be really good about.

What part of the country are you based YellowFeather?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Thanks guys. Hashtag, that's a really good idea. I'll check that out now.

rovert - yes, I expected that to be the case alright! Most organisations are extremely accommodating and go above and beyond! This would be Dublin-based.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thanks guys. Hashtag, that's a really good idea. I'll check that out now.

rovert - yes, I expected that to be the case alright! Most organisations are extremely accommodating and go above and beyond! This would be Dublin-based.

The Dublin options I am aware of are:

Main Stage Wrestling in Tallaght on the 29th June: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqfLjL6IAAAOYz6.jpg

The Brawl at Liberty Hall Supershow in the City Centre 19th July:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1402945409992134/

WWE at o2 in November:
    http://theo2.ie/index.php/artist/wwe-live1/636

The first two are smaller Irish companies. With a smaller show you are more likely to be closer to the ring and get decent face time with the Wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Thanks rovert. I have actually just been reading over the last few pages in the promotions thread. The Brawl at Liberty Hall actually sounds brilliant - I wouldn't mind going myself!

What I suppose I should have mentioned (and I didn't even think of it at the time of posting) is that it would need to be a daytime event. That would restrict things a bit. I'm going to stick a post into the promos thread now that I've read a bit more about it. Thanks for all your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement