Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest bin collection service in Waterford for mostly recyclable rubbish ?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the cheapest bin collection service in Waterford for mostly recyclable rubbish ?, I use the bottle bank in Tesco Poleberry for bottles and cans and 90% of my rubbish is recyclable stuff like cardboard and plastic containers. Id only be emptying the brown bin once in a blue moon, the black bin even less.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

We'd be similar in our usage. Greenstar works best for us. Happy to learn of an alternative but your criteria was the same as ours when we were looking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nidge123

Here in kilkenny we have free recycle each sat, a recycle lorry is there from am till about three and take all recyclable goods, have them in clear plastic bag .. I am sure there must be same service available in waterford. For the rest of the goods which cannont be recycled get a bin i woodies about 15 euro and have plastic bag in it, you can take it to many petrol station which takes bags of rubish usually two for five euro... Excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nidge123

Sorry meant to say the lorry comes to co council office in new rath

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

old gregg wrote: »
    We'd be similar in our usage. Greenstar works best for us. Happy to learn of an alternative but your criteria was the same as ours when we were looking around.

Thanks, parents are with Oxigen but I might ring Green star and see what the deal is.
    nidge123 wrote: »
    Here in kilkenny we have free recycle each sat, a recycle lorry is there from am till about three and take all recyclable goods, have them in clear plastic bag .. I am sure there must be same service available in waterford.

Mr Binman used to do that here, it was great at the time and suited me down to the ground, nothing like it now though :-(

I'd be interested to hear how this all works out in case you unearth a better deal than we have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

We have QRL in Tramore. It was cheapest in year one, then the bill came for year 2 and we found a cheaper option which QRL matched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

J0hnick wrote: »
    Mr Binman used to do that here, it was great at the time and suited me down to the ground, nothing like it now though :-(

Newrath is only across the bridge, so if you have a car it might be suitable.

According to the Kilkenny Co Co site, they only accept cardboard, paper and plastic bottles. http://www.kilkennycoco.ie/eng/Services/Environment/Recycling_and_Composting/Recycling_Facilities/Newrath_Recycling_Centre_-_Sat_Only.html

Gadgie wrote: »
    Newrath is only across the bridge, so if you have a car it might be suitable.

According to the Kilkenny Co Co site, they only accept cardboard, paper and plastic bottles. http://www.kilkennycoco.ie/eng/Services/Environment/Recycling_and_Composting/Recycling_Facilities/Newrath_Recycling_Centre_-_Sat_Only.html

Is that free or what's the cost? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

old gregg wrote: »
    Is that free or what's the cost? Thanks.

It's free, as far as I can make out. I only heard about it myself tonight, on this thread.

Gadgie wrote: »
    It's free, as far as I can make out. I only heard about it myself tonight, on this thread.

This is indeed most excellent. Gonna rock up to that place next sat with an empty corn flakes box, a trailer load of cans, a mattress and a dead horse and see how I get on. Thanks :D .. actually seriously thanks and won't do any of those things outside of the corn flakes box :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement