Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€100k investment

Options
  • 06-05-2014 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Sorry if in the wrong place,

I was asked this today and I have being thinking about it all day and could not come up with one decent investment!

So i was asked if I was given €100k in the morning what would be the first thing or things you would invest in?

Just for abit of fun/curiosity reply if you like :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

I'd buy One Hundred Thousand scratch cards

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rsgreen28

Ha ha do they still have the €1 cards

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Hookers and Coke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Irish property.

Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

Creche's is a decent racket to get in on these day's,there will always be more and more babies and with the government giving out a free year they are cleaning up.
    Might even try and get in on it myself .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

amkin25 wrote: »
    Creche's is a decent racket to get in on these day's,there will always be more and more babies and with the government giving out a free year they are cleaning up.
    Might even try and get in on it myself .

What? Having a baby?

What? Having a baby?

??? You been on the drink tonight or something? Since when did creches make babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

A friend of mine told me Netflix just before they launched in Ireland, I thought he was insane.

I think I'd be a millionaire now if I'd invested 100k at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fibonaccii

Ripple XRP

Online money trading system and also a digital currency.

A German bank just announced today that it was going to implement ripple.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Irish property.

Be grand.

I don't think you'd get to much property for 100k lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I'd buy 4000 25 bags.

You would probably need a good bit more than 100k to get a creche off the ground though,you have to be thinking in those term's,
    in that like creche's will always be needed these day's and the goverment give them a lot of extra's with the free year b4 primary.
    So like any business it would have to be something thats a nessesity for people to live no matter how tight thing's are,because people don't have much for much luxuries and thing's aint getting much better for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'd invest it in lowering my mortgage

Maybe someone should make a site for people that are looking for investment in business and the like, kind of a dragons den thing but on line and for anyone to invest in that believes in the ideas, "sorry if something like this is going already"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Pay off your debt, if you have no debt then put it into either a growth ETF or a high yield ETF depending on your age.

Advertisement