Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

All this sheite talk about the bunkers,its a feckin hazard ffs,all bunkers at this level should be raked that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    the aussies would have a good ryder cup team!

Maybe we could invite them to play in our Ryder Jug team ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Actually on replay.. it didn't look as bad. Carry on.. nothing to see here :D

Or maybe not..... someone please tell me I'm seeing things. Watch where he plays the drop from. Extend a line from the flag to that point and note where it dissects the line of the hazard..... totally didn't look like his last point of entry. Remember, the ball landed in the water just in front of the microphone.... and when Matt plays from his dropped spot, the microphone is just visible after he hits the ball.

Now for the point of entry Matt has taken... that would mean his original shot would have had to come in at a near right angle for it to splash near that microphone!!

It doesn't matter in terms of the winner now but what about second place.........

Watch in HD and big screen

Actually on replay.. it didn't look as bad. Carry on.. nothing to see here :D

still a big ? over that drop imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Looks all wrong. Would've been a big hook to drop there, which it didn't look to be.

All depends on how he explains the drop in his post round interview;-)

An aiding diagram... yes, I'm sad! :D

302021.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

What super chip in by Matt Jones 7 years on the tour first win. Great TV.

So kuchar took a questional drop... At least justice was done in the playoff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

@Snowdrifts Any chance that he did take your blue dot as the point of entry?
    There isn't much rough there, I think 2 drivers gets him there.

Wasn't watching it all, so not sure if they showed him actually dropping it

• Advertisement

No, if you watch the youtube clip posted above, you will see that 2 club lengths wouldn't be near enough to get him to where he dropped. As you can see from the position of the red stakes, the hazard margin is quite a way down the bank.

The commentators also said he dropped back keeping the point of entry and the flag in line...... they just failed to mention it looked like an incorrect location! :D

anyway Kuch just grinned through the whole thing,a man with a face like that could never do anything dishonest.......could he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

An aiding diagram... yes, I'm sad! :D

Was it not a big ass hook?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

anyway Kuch just grinned through the whole thing,a man with a face like that could never do anything dishonest.......could he?

He can, I used to be a fan of his until 2 or so years ago he hit a shot into spectators and no shout of fore. Clocked an old guy on the head with the ball splitting him open. Very bad form in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Watched the recorded program after my night shift. Great viewing. Well done Matt Jones for hanging in and jumping thru the open door.

Glad to see Garcia did throw it away, he just had too many long par putts which kept him in the hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

charlieIRL wrote: »
    He can, I used to be a fan of his until 2 or so years ago he hit a shot into spectators and no shout of fore. Clocked an old guy on the head with the ball splitting him open. Very bad form in my eyes.

Not conceding that 1 footer to Westwood in the Ryder Cup didn't endear him to a lot of people either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Never trust a man that smiles that much. He's hiding something behind that all.
    A wolf in lambs clothing.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Not conceding that 1 footer to Westwood in the Ryder Cup didn't endear him to a lot of people either.

With how shaky westwood looked over the putt, who could blame him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GreeBo wrote: »

Ah here, we've been through the laws of ball spin not so long ago ;)

It would have required a 90* turn at the "point of entry" he used... not even Foreright can put that much spin on a ball :pac:

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »

I don't think so. If you look at the replay of the shot from the air (about 40 seconds in) it doesn't appear to be a massive hook. Also the commentators said it was " fat and pulled". It is hard to trust camera angles on the tv however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,267 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A full hour of bulls*** before we actually get some live action.
    Nicholas was a great golfer buy there's more about him than the Masters now.

Come on luuuuuuukkkke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Kuchar -7 thru 10 at the moment, absolutely lighting it up out there. He's 3 shots ahead of the rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

3-putt from 4 feet :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Goliee Mattie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Hope Luke can do it now.

Kuch chucks another tournie. Doesn't deserve it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Chip in was lovely

Some bunker shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

3 putts from 4 feet on 17 and then holes from the bunker on the 18th unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Kuch finally crosses the line but for a while I sensed a playoff at least after the 3 putt. Great way to close out a victory.

With the kids in the locker room, he says " lets go and pick up the trophy" as much as the rest of us would say "lets go to the shop for an ice-cream". Brilliant.

Watch Patrick Reed nearly hitting a boat a few days ago at RBC Heritage. Oh now this is funny for people who are aware of Reed's recent comments. Check out the name of the boat!! :D:D

Check out the name of the boat!! :D:D

whats the name of the boat, my computer monitor isnt big enough to make it out :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Top Five :)

Rikand wrote: »
    whats the name of the boat, my computer monitor isnt big enough to make it out :)

:D:D
    304406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I couldn't make out the name of the boat either but that is more hilarious than I had imagined. Very good player but definitely made himself look silly with that comment.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I couldn't make out the name of the boat either but that is more hilarious than I had imagined. Very good player but definitely made himself look silly with that comment.

Yeah sorry - I have youtube set to play in HD on the bigger player so it's fairly clear. I'm sure he regretted the "top five" comment at that precise moment anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

Anyone else delighted to see David Duval playing well this week, really nice guy. I'd love to see him win again soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

m r c wrote: »
    Anyone else delighted to see David Duval playing well this week, really nice guy. I'd love to see him win again soon.

His first bogey free round in years too!

• Advertisement

He was saying on twitter a few months ago that this year is the last year he is going to seek sponsors' invitations to play in tournaments. I guess that means he has to play well in any events he does compete in or he won't be playing next year?

Elsewhere.. it seems Rickie's switch to Butch is paying dividends...
    Relax... he meant to do it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Russman

Absolutely. He was playing in the group directly behind us one time when I was on a golf holiday in Florida a few years ago and was more than happy to chat away after the round and get in photos etc. Sound guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

Russman wrote: »
    Absolutely. He was playing in the group directly behind us one time when I was on a golf holiday in Florida a few years ago and was more than happy to chat away after the round and get in photos etc. Sound guy.

I'm not surprised at all to hear that, He'd be very generous with his time afaik

pics now or it didn't happen:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Russman

I'll leave this up for an hour.........then boards anonymity kicks back in !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'll leave this up for an hour.........then boards anonymity kicks back in !

Bah!20 minutes :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Noh is playing some golf tonight. Some fantastic shots. Putter luke warm though.

Pity Martin faded away so much after an excellent 54 holes.

Poor auld Bradley cant buy a putt. Someone give him a short putter!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Soon you'll know - who he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I remember a few years back Ewen Murray saying that Noh was the most gifted young player he'd seen since Woods.

I followed him at the Irish open in Killarney and his ball striking was brilliant. It'll be interesting to see if he kicks on from here.
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Soon you'll know - who he is

I see what you did there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Le Requin wrote: »
    I remember a few years back Ewen Murray saying that Noh was the most gifted young player he'd seen since Woods.

I followed him at the Irish open in Killarney and his ball striking was brilliant. It'll be interesting to see if he kicks on from here.

I see what you did there

There's a few Asian golfers I am looking forward to seeing what they do in future Like SM Bae, Noh and I think Matsuyama has potential

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement