Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Insurance - Young Driver

Options
  • 18-04-2014 8:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a question for people who have experience in this regard.

23 year old female in Cork, employed and has an Audi A3 1.6. Prov license for 6 years, previous experience under a year as named driver under the folks. Applying for the test now after completing driving lessons. Very low millege, car secure private property.

Anybody willing to quote comes in around €1400. No Nonsense with their Smart Driver is a bit more expensive, but the other insurers aren't looking for such. A lot won't quote online.

What are the odds the quote could drop a bit more? No chance? I assume the car and license type are the big issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

License, age and lack of experience are the problems. Sounds about right all things considered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It should drop but don't forget prices for female drivers are much higher since the gender equality ruling so don't expect a massive drop yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It is not gonna drop by an awful lot, even after you get your full license. Other things that are factored into your quote, are how many years you have been driving & how many years you have been driving accident free on your own policy. Neither of them are going to change, even after you get your full license.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Not the worst pride all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

ProudDUB wrote: »
    It is not gonna drop by an awful lot, even after you get your full license. Other things that are factored into your quote, are how many years you have been driving & how many years you have been driving accident free on your own policy. Neither of them are going to change, even after you get your full license.

I was paying over 2k my first year driving. Was paying 1200 after getting 1 year NCB and my licence. So mine did drop an awful lot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Liberty came in at €1050 this morning anyway.

Advertisement