Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which 2014 Flagship phone do you want the most?

Options
  • 13-04-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭

Which phone do you think is the best of 2014?
    The Sony Xperia Z2
    The Samsung Galaxy S5
    The HTC One M8
    Other

Which feature sold it to you the most?

Which phone do you want the most? 95 votes

Samsung Galaxy S5
    0%
    HTC One M8
    24%
    SimiNyum NyumtallusRVN10Alligator WineJumbo156coldfire1xomega666AnimalRightspippip0ph0rce0tteknulpsmilerfrecyclopsvisualcoach22PaganKingcosanostraPerditoScummyMan 23 votes
    Sony Xperia Z2
    60%
    byteMr EV9mossierabbitinlightsThe_B_ManblastmanpaddykThe Real B-manTony Hdragonaleche solarajonesKillerShamrockmuckwarriorMitch ConnorGoolayIdleaterPolar Iceadrian522 57 votes
    Other
    15%
    SuprSiduridiandarragh o mearaBreezerDammerflazioadvertsfoxgaryegtThe OrbbwalRojiblancosbuachailldananorth south east westinnocent_loverrovoagho 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

flazio wrote: »
    Which phone do you think is the best of 2014?
    The Sony Xperia Z2
    The Samsung Galaxy S5
    The HTC One M8
    Other

Which feature sold it to you the most?

More than likely for me based on my experience with the lg g2, its gonna be the lg g3 and based on the rumoured specs it should be a great phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I am really liking the looks of the One+ one

Sony - I will never touch again
    Samsung - GPE maybe. Too much bloat otherwise
    HTC - probably the only one of the 3 that I would go for
    LG - love the Nexus so would imagine that the upcoming flagship from them will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 resistivism

I've always gone with Samsung but this year was tempted by the m8,mainly due to the exterior styling and interesting camera functions..it seemed like once again I would go with the Galaxy series due to such high spec across the board(even if they look a little dull),but it's starting to look like the G3 will have the best of both,top end specs to beat even the Galaxy and an aluminum casing like the HTC M8,and proberbly at a lower price if the leak rumors are reliable.worth waiting to see..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

HTC One M8
    Pity the note 3 didn't make the list, my Note II needs upgrading.

Failing that, the S5 would be nice.

tallus wrote: »

Note 3 was a 2013 model - Released September 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Other

There is an 'Other' option and you're welcome to elaborate which other you mean. I picked these three because they are the main 3 manufacturers of android phones and anyone due an upgrade shortly will probably be considering these three first.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

More than likely it will be the LG G3 for me as well. It's looks like it's going to be an absolute beast and I absolutely love my G2.

If the rumours about the specs turn out to be false then I may just hold onto the G2 or get the new nexus.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

None. Happy out with the S4 for now. I don't think there's been enough brought to the table this year to be pining after any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

None as well. I have the S4 and can't justify the price to upgrade this year.

If I could justify the price I'd go for the S5 first and M8 second if they have a Google Play edition. I rommed my S4 this year and put the Google Play build onto it and love it. I'm not going back to the bloatware editions from the manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Sony Xperia Z2
    I'll stick with my HTC One for now, as said above I don't think the upgrade is quite justified yet. Maybe next gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

HTC One M8
    Note 3 was a 2013 model - Released September 2013

I was aware of that fact. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

I'm thinking about upgrading my S3 this year. I'm incapable of making a decision about which to go for. Every time I get close, there's some new feature on another phone or there's going to be a new phone released in 3 months or 6 months that changes my mind....

The truth of it is it will probably make sod all difference for the use I get from the phone, but i still want the latest and greatest. :o

for me, in order it's probably M8, S5, Z2 and now i have to bloody think about that new LG phone, and also the Note 4 which is out Sep/Oct time

First world problems, eh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

HTC One M8
    Waiting on the Nexus 6? Which maybe released in September 2014? The camera and battery on the Nexus 5 sounds too poor to justify buying it

hfallada wrote: »
    Waiting on the Nexus 6? Which maybe released in September 2014? The camera and battery on the Nexus 5 sounds too poor to justify buying it

Ah jaysus, wouldya stop, not another one ;)

I was aware of that fact. :-)

And we are looking at 2014 phones ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Sony Xperia Z2
    Had a look at the S5 and One M8 the other day and left with the M8. I think Samsung missed a trick with the looks of the S5. If they had made it a little more interesting and made Touchwiz a little less cartoony (although it is vastly improved) id have considered it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

I went with other. Not really flagship but I purchased the xperia z1 compact, the selling point for me was the screen/phone size with all the flagship components thrown into it.

Had the galaxy s2 since its release and I'm kinda old school where I think a phone should be comfortable to use with one hand.

Had the m8 of stayed at 4.6 inches I reckon I may have gone with that.

Also cost played a part. So far I'm happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Other
    I was waiting patiently for the Xperia Z2 but saw the M8 on Saturday and was so tempted that I just bought it. Im coming from the M7 and was really only moving to Sony due to the fact it is waterproof. Guess I'll have to wait another year for waterproofing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

Other
    im waiting it out for the sony, ive always had sonys and i just like em. the 3gig of ram is something that really sells it to me. was tempted to get the M8 instead but i know id regret it when the z2 is released

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

nicebutdim wrote: »
    I'm thinking about upgrading my S3 this year. I'm incapable of making a decision about which to go for. Every time I get close, there's some new feature on another phone or there's going to be a new phone released in 3 months or 6 months that changes my mind....

The truth of it is it will probably make sod all difference for the use I get from the phone, but i still want the latest and greatest. :o

for me, in order it's probably M8, S5, Z2 and now i have to bloody think about that new LG phone, and also the Note 4 which is out Sep/Oct time

Im the exact same, im due my upgrade next month and i don't know what to get (currently have a rooted s3 on meteor and im gone a bit bored of it)

Hope the new Sony z2 is out by then because im not liking the prices of the s5 so what are you thinking about getting now??

• Advertisement

Is anybody else interested in the Oneplus One?
    http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-all-you-need-to-know.718/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

I was interested at first but for a device with a 5.5 inch screen, 3100mah of non-removable battery is a bit risky when it comes to battery life.

Okay, what seems its main competitor, the oppo find 7/7a has a slighly smaller battery but its removable and on its store extra batteries can be bought for about 20 euro. Also it has expandable storage which the one plus one doesn't.

But my focus is purely on the G3. I'm hoping the battery will be replaceable (the lg g pro 2 and the lg mini both have replaceable batteries so am hopeful) and expandable storage but time will tell.

Im the exact same, im due my upgrade next month and i don't know what to get (currently have a rooted s3 on meteor and im gone a bit bored of it)

Hope the new Sony z2 is out by then because im not liking the prices of the s5 so what are you thinking about getting now??

Not sure still.... i'm thinking i might wait for the Note 4, but i could just as easily walk into a shop this weekend and buy something else!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Note 4,although its not been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

timetogo wrote: »
    None as well. I have the S4 and can't justify the price to upgrade this year.

If I could justify the price I'd go for the S5 first and M8 second if they have a Google Play edition. I rommed my S4 this year and put the Google Play build onto it and love it. I'm not going back to the bloatware editions from the manufacturers.

can i ask you by doing that does it remove the bloatware and free up internal space ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

still the oneplusone :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

I’m waiting for the THL T5000 to be released. It was supposed to be out in June :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

nicebutdim wrote: »

Dam it i feel you're pain just as i go to pull the trigger on a phone something else catches my eye !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement