Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Results Show!

Options
  • 31-03-2014 11:24am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the PW Draft 2014 Results Show!

First off, let me thank everyone for their participation again this year. We didn't have any drop outs during the roster picking round, which was great, and the vast majority were able to put up pay per views and voted. So the turn out was brilliant this year. So yeah. Thanks. :D

We'll start things out with the results of the Slammys, the Individual Awards dedicated to rewarding those who achieved some great individual moments, picks and matches and were deserving of some extra recognition!

The Slammy Awards were voted on by the majority of voters. Points were awared as follows: 3 points for a 1st place vote, 2 for a 2nd place vote, 1 for a 3rd place vote. In a single category, one person gave a Joint 1st place, so points were divided up for that vote. The points are presented in percentage format below. The Top Five Places are listed below. The Excel sheet with results released later will show voting in full.

Best Feud
    Winner: Dean Ambrose vs Shane McMahon (BeakerJoe) (22.7% of the votes)

2nd - John Cena vs Ric Flair (16.6%)
    3rd - CM Punk vs Hulk Hogan (16.6%)
    4th - Undertaker vs Kei Mutoh (13.6%)
    5th - Bret Hart vs Hiroshi Tanahasi (9%)
    5th - HHH vs Eddie Guerrero (9%)

Best Match
    Winner: CM Punk vs Hulk Hogan (Mr. Nice Guy) (23.4% of the votes)

2nd - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Bret Hart (20.3%)
    3rd - Okada vs Goldberg (12.5%)
    4th - Christopher Daniels vs Edge vs Mr. Perfect (9.3%)
    5th - Ric Flair vs John Cena (9.3%)

Best Roster Pick
    Winner: Brian Pillman (Moneymaker) (15% of votes)

2nd - Zeb Colter & Dr. Death (10%)
    3rd - Hulk Hogan (8.3%)
    3rd - Soloman Crowe & Dean Ambrose (8.3%)
    5th - The Undertaker (6.7%)
    5th - Misawa & Kobashi (6.7%)

First Time Entrant
    Winner: BeakerJoe (37% of votes)

2nd - A Brad Maddox Guy (27%)
    3rd - Brianregan09 (9.2%)
    4th - Prop Joe (9.2%)
    5th - MrKIsCool (6.7%)
    5th - Jester252 (6.7%)

Superstar of the Year
    Winner: Dean Ambrose (BeakerJoe) (21.5% of votes)

2nd - Bret Hart (13.8%)
    2nd - CM Punk (13.8%)
    4th - John Cena (7.8%)
    4th - Hiroshi Tanahashi (7.8%)
    4th - Okada (7.8%)

Tag Team of the Year
    Winner: Owen Hart & The British Bulldog (A Brad Maddox Guy) (13.5% of the votes)

2nd - Sons of Liberty (11.5%)
    3rd - Perfect Million (9.6%)
    4th - Fabulous Freebirds (9.6)
    5th - Westboro Wrasslers (7.7%)

Diva of the Year
    Winner: Stephanie McMahon-Hemsley (TeamShadowclan) (27% of the votes)

2nd - Natayla (16%)
    2nd - Beth Phoenix (16%)
    4th - Tamina Snuka (9.5%)
    4th - Sherri (9.5%)

LOL Moment of the Year
    Winner: The Iron Shiek does Color Commentary (Waltersobchak) (23.8% of the votes)

2nd - Vince McMahon oils up Bobby Lashley (12.7%)
    3rd - Chuck Norris vs Arnold Schwarzenegger (9.5%)
    4th - Dean Ambrose mocks the McMahons (8%)
    4th - Kai En Tai vs Hurricane & Rosey (8%)

Most Underrated Pick
    Winner: Ron Simmons (Raf32) (7.8% of the votes)

2nd -Bray Wyatt, Stehpanie McMahon, Andy Kaufman, Damien Sandow, Natalie Neidhart, Hulk Hogan, Bam Bam Bigalow, Dean Ambrose (5.9%)

That category pulled a tonne of unique votes.

Overall results to follow.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And now for the main awards.

BEST ROSTER

Winner: Waltersobchak - 35 Points!

2nd - Mr. Nice Guy - 32 Points
    3rd - TeamShadowclan - 28 Points
    4th - ShagNastii - 26 Points
    5th - A Brad Maddox Guy - 22.5 Points

BEST WRITE UP

Winner: Mr. Nice Guy - 51 Points!

2nd - BeakerJoe - 49 Points
    3rd - TeamShadowclan - 41 Points
    4th - BountyHunter - 34 Points
    5th - ShagNastii - 15 Points

And for those who aren't good at Math :P

OVERALL WINNER OF THE PW DRAFT 2014

WINNER: MR. NICE GUY! - 83 Points!

2nd - TeamShadowclan - 69 Points
    3rd - Beakerjoe - 63 Points
    4th - Bounty Hunter - 54 Points
    5th - Waltersobchak - 41 Points
    5th - ShagNastii - 41 Points

So yeah, once again, congratulations to Mr. Nice Guy who once again successfully defends his championship.

And once again, thanks to everyone who voted. The Excel sheet showing the breakdowns of votes, as well as final placements for everyone, will be released later this afternoon once I upload and format it all nicely for everyone to look at. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Congrats to MNG... 3 in a row......3 in a row.....3 in a row!

He showed his metal , in what was one hell of a tough draft, the cream rises to the top. Though you werent my number 1, it was close between you Shag, BH and TSC IMO and was hard to pick an order. Think I gave you 2nd in the end

And to come 2nd in the write ups to him, im truly humbled. Thank you, I didnt think i deserved to get that much.

Well deserved!

Also this is how I feel now :) ......

slammy_280x390_664698a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done Mr. Nice Guy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Congrats Mr nice guy. A good victory
    Thanks Teamshadowclan for a well run draft. I really enjoyed it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cheers for running it TSC and MNG...

don't retire!

oh and yeah congrats and all that Jazz, considering you didn't get the best draw in the rds (Kinda surprised you still got voted 2nd best roster, though you did make the best use out of it imo) it is even more impressive that you won for a 3rd time in a row!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thanks for running it again TSC and congrats again MNG, three time champion and fully deserved.

Nice to pick up an award too!

SimmonsDAMN.gif

And here's the Excel Spread Sheets detail who voted for whom.

Excel - Voting Details Here

Some quick notes:
    BH and Liz had "Joint" votes; in these cases, I decided to simply split the point allocation for those votes.
    BH voted for himself in one category. I noted it but didn't count it. Naughty naughty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well done guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well done guys gutted to not even have picked up a point though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow. Extremely chuffed to retain the title! Thank you to everyone who voted for me.

I guess this is one of the rare occasions when Hogan comes in and doesn't screw up a promotion!

My goal at the start of this was to put in a respectable performance. I figured if I'm losing then I may as well lose having put up the best showing I could. As a result I did put more work into this one than the previous two.

Because of all that I would definitely say this one means more to me than the other two wins.

I would say I got a decent bit of luck along the way with regards CM Punk. After I drafted him he had the fight with WWE and became the talking point of the industry. That whole issue was a gift to me in terms of being able to bring it into my own storylines. I did feel my week 2 show with Cornette and Punk's return was one of my better write-ups over the years, but it's always hard to know how others feel about things.

I felt there were plenty of shows worthy of the win this year.

Once again big thank you for giving Monday Night Grappling top ratings for the third year in a row!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No surprise who won anyway. MNG could be given a roster full of jobbers and he'd turn it into gold.(should be a rule next year)

It wasn't just the CM Punk stuff though, the entire card is just well written, well presented and a lot of effort went into it(my midcard sucked for example!).

So yeah, give yourself credit, best writer won.

Lets see how you do with the JOB Squad as your main eventers next year though. :pac:

Beakerjoe definitely deserved best newcomer award, his stuff was a cut above any other newbie for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Congratulations to Mr.Nice Guy on the 3-in-a-row victory. You're the Hogan of this draft and that was your Wrestlemania III!

Special mention has to be made for the person who received my #1 write-up vote and that's Beakerjoe - an absolute pleasure to read!

I'm a tad confused about the solitary vote I received for Best Newcomer - a year too late! I'm also a tad dissapointed in my own end product this year, mostly because I think I rushed at least the last couple of shows...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm a tad confused about the solitary vote I received for Best Newcomer - a year too late! I'm also a tad dissapointed in my own end product this year, mostly because I think I rushed at least the last couple of shows...

That could have been me a few of the slammies were not easy for me to vote on as I was in a hurry to go out and had just read like 3 PPVs back to back so everything blurred together.

Similarily it was in the slammies that I voted (for myself) for Santino and Ryder aka Team Co-Bro as an undervalued pick I just so enjoyed writing for them and found so many options for those two compared to people who would have went well before them that I thought it a vote for them being undervalued not for myself being so smart in picking them.

Im like Wenger / Arsenal in these things, always make the top 4 but no trophy... MNG is Fergie

I'm a tad confused about the solitary vote I received for Best Newcomer - a year too late!

I noticed that but since it was only 1 vote, left it in :P

Great to see what people voted for in regards Slammies

LOL moments of the year were all interesting. Sheik was the funniest thing on the draft and used just about the right amount. Gives me great ideas for other picks next year if im around. TSCs write ups also had alot of humour with Vince and his muscle obsession as well as the hilarious Arnie and Norris Match. Great work guys

Odd to see Bam Bam and Kanyon get voted as Tag Team of the year as they werent used once as a team. Thanks anyway I guess.

My votes for the write up were so hard to order, I felt that I enjoyed the top 4 of my votes (TSC, MNG, Shag and BH) all in equal messures, but it was Flair v Cena which I enjoyed the most TBH. All 4 had solid undercards and all enjoyable reads.

One thing i did mark people down was how easy there show was to read. Some shows were littered with Entrance video after entrance video and unneeded gifs which made reading hard to do. The odd video/gif is fine but too many was overkill. Id prefer to read "Bret Harts Music Hits" than a have a video inserted, but thats just me.

Overall im humbled at the votes, esp the ones in the write up section as i find the roster ones can be down to luck of the draw more than anything, though it didnt effect MNG which is a testiment to his writing skills. GOD HELP US IF HE GETS A GREAT DRAW NEXT YEAR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Well that was a fun few months. Thanks to TSC for running it and congrats MNG on 3 in a row. Delighted to finish 7th overall, really wasn't expecting that. Hopefully I'll be able to get involved again next year but even if I don't I'll try to make sure to keep in the loop with what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Congrats to all involved lads and lady.

From the outside looking in it was a great read all around. Extremely well run too.

Well done to all winners in particular MNG.
    Surely only a matter of time before Vinny Mc sees your creative talent after 3 in a row. The ’E need an Irish writer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Well done to MNG for his well deserved win, thoroughly deserved.. Well done to TSC, Campo and BH for such a well run draft, personally wish i had of had a lot more free time to put into this years draft but alas work and other commitments take precedent unfortunately.. This was perhaps the most hard fought draft with many of the newcomers adding quite a lot to this years draft and making it much more richly competitive from a writing standpoint, i was thinking this would be my last year competing but finishing 5th this year has made me want to do it again next year, and give it a lot more thought and effort

Did any non drafties vote in the Slammies?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Did any non drafties vote in the Slammies?

Nope, though I wasn't expecting any. Strikes me the draft, at least come the write up stages, are draft participants only, and others dont tend to get involved. Understandable though; there's a fair bit of reading to commit to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Nope, though I wasn't expecting any. Strikes me the draft, at least come the write up stages, are draft participants only, and others dont tend to get involved. Understandable though; there's a fair bit of reading to commit to...

I read almost everything, didn't vote because I figured no one outside the participants would so left it to ye.

Advertisement