Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ribbon cable

Options
  • 27-02-2014 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

Evening all, could anyone tell me where I can get one of these cables for a laptop . .

3855_HP-dv6000-dv9000-Power-Ribbon-Cable-E118077-2896-4-pins_1.JPG

With the same code "AWM E118077 2896 80C VW-1" difference being that the one in the above image is 4-pin & I need an 8-pin, theres only one I could find on ebay for $10 but the postage was another $40+, theres also no end of different widths available on ebay but the one i'm replacing is just 5mm wide.

Hopefully someone will know where I can source one in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

What is the model of the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

It's from a Targa 1534, it connects to the volume, wifi, Bluetooth etc control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

This looks similar or the same

cable.jpg

Hey Xantia, thanks for taking the time to search for this, unfortunately that one appears to be a six-pin cable (ad doesn't actually state) & the one I need to replace is eight-pin.

Cheers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

cable.jpg

Hey Xantia, thanks for taking the time to search for this, unfortunately that one appears to be a six-pin cable (ad doesn't actually state) & the one I need to replace is eight-pin.

Cheers anyway.

If you can get a cheap one You cut it with a scissors to make it fit - if you are careful - its only a wire for speakers after all - once the spacing is ok so the silvered ribbon cable contacts match up with the header and are making contact ok - you can trim just the ends even not even the whole way down. Can you not repair the old cable?

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »
    If you can get a cheap one You cut it with a scissors to make it fit - if you are careful - its only a wire for speakers after all - once the spacing is ok so the silvered ribbon cable contacts match up with the header and are making contact ok - you can trim just the ends even not even the whole way down. Can you not repair the old cable?

I dont think its for speakers as it seems to be the only thing that connects to the media control panel. its a fairly small wee cable, just about 65mm x 5mm. the damaged occurred when I took it all apart to solder the charger terminal which had come loose, the fine silver pins are completely mashed on one end, this ribbon cable has little or no room for manoeuvre when reconnecting, it couldn't be much more awkward to get at, so I wont be able to trim it. In reality I need an 8-pin cable thats hopefully a good bit longer than the one I'm trying to replace.

Advertisement