Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does she like me?

Options
  • 28-01-2014 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I really wanted to know does this girl like me. I chat with her everynight and before she goes to bed she always tell me goodnitee sweetdreamss which isnt normal becuase my friends told me she never say it to them. She likes to help me with my homework and she is very kind to me. Currently she is single but before this she was a girlfriend with my best friend at school. While they are together she always tell me how she doesnt like her boyfriend. Now they already break up so i want to know does she like me or not. Last time she was having a test and then i have it after her and she wrote the answer for me which she never does this to other boys before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Why not ask her?

I'm guessing you're a teenager? Teenagers do stuff for no reason. She might be a nice person, she might like you. Only way to know is ask her, or tell her you like her or ask her to go out with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qwertyxd

Im a bit shy to ask her loll. Well she helps me since 7th grade like she did the project for me. Now we are in 9th grade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

First, you shouldn't be letting her do your work or help you cheat in exams, that's very wrong.

But if you're too shy to ask her, you'll never know. Just send a text before bed one night telling her you like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

7th grade? Over to boards.us with you

Well then i gonna be very awk if i ask and she say no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

qwertyxd wrote: »
    Well then i gonna be very awk if i ask and she say no

Which do you think is worse:
    A: telling her you like her and things being a bit awkward
    B: never telling her and nothing ever happens and you spend the rest of your life wondering if she liked you and was too shy to say anything as well?

.......then if i ask her our friendship st school will be very weird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Will only be weird if you let it be weird.

Just simply say, hi would you like to go to the cinema on a date, if she says NO, you simply say jokingly and confidently, that's cool. And you brush it off like it never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

.......then if i ask her our friendship st school will be very weird

You don't have to declare your undying love for her or anything. Keep it casual, just something along the lines of "I think your great Ciara, wanna go on a date sometime?".

If she says yes then great, take it from there.

If she says no, it doesn't have to be awkward. Your reaction will kind of set the tone for whether it's likely to be or not. So again, if she doesn't feel the same, be light and casual about it, just smile, shrug your shoulders and say something along kinda like "ah well, can't blame a guy for trying" then go on talking about whatever you'd normally talk about with her.

She seems like a really nice girl so however it goes she's prob gonna be cool about it, as long as you are.

Doesn't have to be a big deal, and if she isn't interested in more than being friends she's unlikely to make it a big deal from her side of things that you asked her out or told her you were interested in her in that way. Chances are she'll pretty much follow your lead and if you dont make a big thing out of her saying no and just move on past it and continue as normal with her, she'll do the same.

But there's just as good a chance she'll say yes. The older you get it'll always be the times you didn't take the chance to find out with a girl that you'll regret way more than the times you did and it didn't go how you'd like.

Best of luck man, prob won't be the last time you'll find yourself in a similar situation so start like you mean to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

testicle wrote: »
    7th grade? Over to boards.us with you

Interestingly enough, boards.us redirects here. OP, go for it man. Speaking as someone who has been in your exact same position many, many times in my teens, I can say now that I was sorry every time I didn't just bite the bullet. Watching all my friends get off with young wans while I was always the guy that everybody spoke to to while they weren't shiftin the face off anybody.

I think Wayne put it rather more eloquently when he said "I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be." See Wayne's World (1992) and it will all become clearer.

• Advertisement

So i want to know cuz ytf she ask me who i like and then before we go she jus say sth weird tht she nvr say like sleep tight dot let the bedbugs bite you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Grayfoxy

So i want to know cuz ytf she ask me who i like and then before we go she jus say sth weird tht she nvr say like sleep tight dot let the bedbugs bite you.

Sorry buddy, I actually have no idea what you just said there, what does "ytf" or "sth" mean? O.o

• Administrators Posts: 13,777 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

testicle, please read the Forum Charter, if you have nothing constructive to add to the thread, don't post.

This is the World Wide Web, in case you didn't know! Posters are entitled to post from anywhere in the world they happen to be, with any issue they happen to be having.

ytd= yesterday sth= something

• Administrators Posts: 13,777 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

qwertyxd, please be aware that txtspk is against the Forum Rules here. We all prefer to read full proper words. If you continue to use txtspek your thread will be locked.

Adults don't have the time or inclination to be trying to figure it out in order to offer you advice.

To be honest,

I can see by the sounds of it, you like her, do you?

When she asked you who you liked, what I would have said was "Honestly? You...." and see what she says.

If not, ask her, if she says yes she does like you, then tell her you do to, but as a friend.

It may be just a thing which comes with age, but, I don't see why if you ask her if she likes you or you tell her you like her that it would have to be weird after. I have a friend which we were kissing for a little bit, obviously we liked each other, things fizzled out in terms of liking each other as more than friends, but we are very good friends still. No awkwardness or anything.

If one of you likes the other but that is not reciprocated and you feel things are getting weird or awkward, I would talk to her and tell her it doesn't have to be weird. However, if she does like you and you don't like her (in that way I mean) and she doesn't want to be friends, you have to respect that. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it is the truth.

I wish you luck :)

Today I asked her who does she like and she said no one I think she lied because he make like hehehe sound at the end of her text. So i told her back i like someone but she don't need to know. So i would like to ask what should i do next. (I think that she know i like her) So does she want me to tell her that I like her first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Today I asked her who does she like and she said no one I think she lied because he make like hehehe sound at the end of her text. So i told her back i like someone but she don't need to know. So i would like to ask what should i do next. (I think that she know i like her) So does she want me to tell her that I like her first?

See my earlier post :rolleyes:

Basically, I just need help i'm afraid that if i tell her i like her and she doesnt like me or just think as best fried i don't know how to continue our conversation and it'll be awkward when we see each other at shcool.

Basically, I just need help i'm afraid that if i tell her i like her and she doesnt like me or just think as best fried i don't know how to continue our conversation and it'll be awkward when we see each other at shcool.

As I said, you won't know unless you say it to her.

You might as well, you have nothing to loose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement