Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE1 HD not in 801 even after rescan

Options
  • 05-12-2013 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭

TV : Sony 37KDLW5500

I have done the re-scan but the 576 version of RTE1 is still in position 1 on the TV.

Channel 818 has the 1080 version.

Any idea why 801 isn't storing the HD version? (and add to this I can't seem to get any option in the menu's to move 818 --> 801).:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

NIMAN wrote: »
    Any idea why 801 isn't storing the HD version? (and add to this I can't seem to get any option in the menu's to move 818 --> 801).:mad:

This answer to a similar question would appear to apply to your TV also - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87742890

I assume you've installed the TV with the UK as the country/region during setup as it's storing the channels in the 800s.

Basically the Saorview LCN order is ignored if a country/region other than Ireland is used during setup and the channels are stored as they're found, starting with the lower frequency (normally Mux1) and then moving to the second frequency (normally Mux2).

On one of my Sony TV's the procedure for moving a channel is
    Home -> Digital Set-up -> Digital Tuning -> Programme Sorting -> Highlight Channel -> R/C Right Button to move channel out of the list -> R/C Up/Down Button to move channel -> R/C Left Button to slot slot channel into the required position on the channel list

Multiplex 1
    LCN
    |
    Channel
    ||
    249*|SSU|data channel||
    11|no channel name (RTÉ 1 simulcast)|SD|temporary
    02|RTÉ Two|HD|
    03|TV3|SD|
    04|TG4|SD|
    05|3e|SD|
    06|RTÉ News Now|SD|
    17|no channel name (RTÉjr simulcast**)|SD|temporary
    18|no channel name (RTÉ1 +1 simulcast**)|SD|temporary
    200|RTÉ Radio 1|Radio|
    201|RTÉ Radio 1 Extra|Radio|
    202|RTÉ 2FM|Radio|
    203|RTÉ Lyric FM|Radio|
    204|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta|Radio|
    205|RTÉ Pulse|Radio|
    206|RTÉ 2XM|Radio
    207*|(not used)||previously RTÉ Choice
    208|RTÉ Gold|Radio|
    209|RTÉ Junior/RTÉ Chill|Radio

Multiplex 2
    LCN
    |
    Channel
    ||
    250*|SSU|data channel|
    01|RTÉ One|HD|
    12*|(no channel name/testcard)|HD|
    13*|(no channel name/testcard)|SD|RTÉ Lyric FM audio
    14*|(no channel name/testcard)|HD|TG4 subtitles and teletext previously
    15*|(no channel name/testcard)|SD|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio
    16|(not used)||
    07|RTÉjr**|SD|
    08|RTÉ One +1**|SD|
    211-212*|(no radio channel names)|Radio|no audio
    213*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|RTÉ Lyric FM audio
    214*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio
    215-217*|(no radio channel names)|Radio|no audio
    218-219*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|RTÉ Gold audio
    220*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|no audio

* Hidden on Saorview receivers but can be selected by entering the channel no. via the remote control
    ** RTÉjr 0700-1845 approx / RTÉ One +1 1900-0100/0200 approx. Mheg-5 receivers displays a static off-air graphic shortly after changing channels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Some sets have an option to turn off the LCNs buried in the menus somewhere which will then allow you to arrange the channels as desired.

Advertisement