Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max mortgage versus reasonable mortgage.

Options
  • 28-11-2013 3:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

I shall be looking to buy in another euro country in the next 6 months. Interest rates are 2.7‰ with 75% Ltv. My details.
    One income, €5,500 net a month. Partner and child. 70k deposit.

Would 500k be out of the question? That's 430 lending.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

How much are you currently saving and/or paying in rent each month? It's a good salary in any Eurozone country IMO but it's just one salary. I presume your job prospects are good even if you lose the contract/job you're currently working at?

Are you talking 2.7% fixed for the life of the mortgage? (not uncommon in Germany for example to fix the entire 20 years and you can do so today at around 3%-people in Ireland would kill for such mortgages)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Best 20 Year fixed is 4.5%.
    Actually that variable rate I quoted is high. Best rate is 2.35%. Income is completely secure and will increase by 300 net per year for a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Then you've nothing to worry about. Go for it if you want to buy.

Advertisement