Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a New York marriage cert?

Options
  • 27-11-2013 5:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I wonder could someone tell me how I can get a copy of the following marriage cert from New York in 1899.

Michael Kelly and Margaret O'Neill both originally from Ireland

I've had a look at a couple of recent threads re ordering certs from Family Search but I'm still a bit stuck as to what exactly I need to do to get the cert.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

You get NYC vital records at the NYC Municipal Archives.

Here's another way:

The film number quoted on that index is 1504064. Go to the catalog on Familysearch and search for that number using "film/fiche numbers". That will bring you to Manhattan (New York City) marriage records. Click that set of microfilms and scroll down (or Ctrl F) until you find it.

Since the index you found gives you all the details you can use the Familysearch email scan service to get a free copy. It'll save you $15 and the hassle of dealing with NYC Municipal Archives.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks for the reply Coolnabacky.
    The form to be filled out is a bit confusing as I don't have or don't understand all the items they request but we'll see what happens.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Well that cert has just arrived so hats off to Family Search!:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

Nice one! I sent one off a while ago and am still waiting. How long did yours take?

I suppose I sent it off just after I started this thread so a little over two months.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tanoralover

Nice one! I sent one off a while ago and am still waiting. How long did yours take?

I sent off for my first batch on November 8th and got them on January 3rd. I applied again on January 5th and got them on the 29th.

Advertisement