Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS delivery - no trace in tracking system since it left UK hub

Options
  • 20-11-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

It's interesting how courier related things work in Ireland. I had of course, as everyone, my number of delivery problems in the past, especially with DPD (cheating about 'no one at home' or leaving packages at the office door, on the actual public pavement) and An Post. I haven't used UPS yet tho.

I ordered from hardwareversand.de and selected the only option available - UPS Standard. This is the extract from the shipping tracking status table

Tamworth, United Kingdom 20/11/2013 5:43 Departure Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 19/11/2013 13:53 Arrival Scan
    Herne-Boernig, Germany 19/11/2013 3:05 Departure Scan
    Herne-Boernig, Germany 18/11/2013 21:45 Origin Scan
    Germany 18/11/2013 9:01 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Five nice updates, until package left Tamworth for Ireland. Since then, no updates or information of any kind. I wasn't expecting a delivery today yet. But I was expecting some trail left by the package entering the UPS hub in Ireland.

Any idea how it works and if this is ... hmmm... 'normal'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I ordered off HWVS before, that's how mine went as well. No word after it hit Ireland for 3-4 days then it arrived. This was back when it was DHL/An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

It leaves Tamworth on a truck. That should arrive into Dublin depot tonight. Will be processed either this evening or in the early hours of the morning and will get an arrival scan. Then it will be loaded onto the van for delivery tomorrow.

Edit. That departure scan is 543pm so that may arrive tomorrow and be processed then. I wouldn't worry tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

Slunk wrote: »
    It leaves Tamworth on a truck. That should arrive into Dublin depot tonight. Will be processed either this evening or in the early hours of the morning and will get an arrival scan. Then it will be loaded onto the van for delivery tomorrow.

Edit. That departure scan is 543pm so that may arrive tomorrow and be processed then. I wouldn't worry tbh

It's 5.43am, not pm

Well it should be in Dublin tonight and out for delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Am I reading this correctly , in that the item was scanned in UK at 5.43am this morning 20th and OP is expecting same-day scan in Ireland ?

• Advertisement

Am I reading this correctly , in that the item was scanned in UK at 5.43am this morning 20th and OP is expecting same-day scan in Ireland ?

Yes, If the exit scan in UK hub was early in the morning, I would normally expect a hub entry scan in Ireland the same day. Not the delivery, just the entry scan. What's wrong with expecting that? What's so pecular about Tamworth (which is close to Liverpool) to Dublin route, even considering the ferry, that it takes that much longer than a route from western Germany to Tamworth? I'm simply asking cause I don't know. Perhaps there is a valid reason

I just feel the time-frame of 05.43am to your post at 05.57pm is a bit short .

I have never noticed a similar scan in such a short space of time .

Your package departed Germany on 19th at 03.05am and if it is delivered to you tomorrow , I can't see what the gripe is '' with courier related things in Ireland ''

It would look beyond normal in my eyes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Will be updated later and out for delivery usually.

I just feel the time-frame of 05.43am to your post at 05.57pm is a bit short .

I have never noticed a similar scan in such a short space of time .

Your package departed Germany on 19th at 03.05am and if it is delivered to you tomorrow , I can't see what the gripe is '' with courier related things in Ireland ''

It would look beyond normal in my eyes .

What do you mean by 'my post'. The truck from main UK hub (Tamworth) would surely be going to main Ireland hub (which as far as I know is here in Dublin). Why would it take more than 12 hours? The only reason I gripe here is after seeing regular updates from German and UK hubs, I didn't see a single one from Dublin in a similar time frame. Perhaps they keep the container closed till the late evening and only then scan them. I was simply wondering if lack of tracking information could mean a delay or if it's normal. As I understand from few other people posting here, it is normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

UPS is a disaster but this time this is comedy. My parcel arrived in Brussels, and departed Barking. Teleportation trials :P

Tamworth, United Kingdom 11/21/2013 5:52 A.M. Departure Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 11/20/2013 11:53 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Barking, United Kingdom 11/20/2013 9:05 P.M. Departure Scan
    Brussels, Belgium 11/20/2013 1:14 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Eindhoven, Netherlands 11/19/2013 11:30 P.M. Departure Scan

Their call centre is in Lithuania and communication is great, but distance makes it a safari. My parcel arrived in Dublin this morning and a last minute trip came up, so I'm flying out tomorrow morning for a week. I asked them to save some time and pick it up myself today and the guy was like.. emm we cannot do that.. we have to try to attempt 1st delivery and only then you can arrange a pickup..!!

Does anyone have a phone number for the depots in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

You probably can't to be honest.
    They've very automated logistics systems.

Your parcel would probably go directly to a truck.
    They can't really jump in and dig through items etc or they'd delay everything.

I think they're assigned to drivers before they even reach the depot based on your address. So basically it only becomes easily accessible to them when it gets returned by the driver to the depot.

Sometimes the person paying for the shipment is the only one who can alter the destination too. Which would mean the company that sent the item as they've no contract with you at all really. You're just the end recipient.

This is brilliant. There were 4 scans in Dublin hub at night - arrival scan, import scan and 2 destination scans, all of them between 3 and 5am this morning.

It's 5.30, our offices (which is the delivery address) are closing now and no package was delivered

That's correct. Arrival, import as its the first depot in Ireland it arrived. Destination scan when sorted between Dublin and Shannon depots and then another when its sorted between the Dublin routes. That time is nit unusual as these are 'normal' working hours as the express frieght from Cologne arrives at Dublin airport daily at around 5am and they sort standard frieght from the previous night before the express arrives at depot.
    As for why it wasn't delivered. Could be incomplete address, even if you put the correct details depending on how the shipper processes the label it can mess it up. Should be updated further soon as drivers return and data from the thing you sign on is synced

" 21/11/2013 18:11 The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day."

I don't know exactly if 'missed' in UPS terms means the same as per english dictionary, but if it does, missing a 20kg package is at least a small achievement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, got it on Friday around lunch

So it finally arrived 3 days after leaving Germany . -

Hope everything else in life brings instant success , just like this tracking system .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newjabba

just curious to know if it arrived on the Scheduled Delivery date? mines due tomorrow so ive got nothing to complain about, just worried theres been no tracking update since tamworth

Apparently they update 'arrival' of the parce in the very very early morning, around 3-5am. Mine arrived a day after Scheduled Delivery date and delay was caused in UPS depot in Ireland ('package missed', status said)

Advertisement