Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[article] BBC threaten to charge Sky for channels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sky has a cheek with their EPG charges, and the Regulator for claiming it's reasonable. It's about 99% profit margin and since 92% of what Sky Subscription viewer watch is the FTA channels, it's logical actually that the cost should remain as it is, but REVERSED. Yes Sky SHOULD pay BBC, C4, ITV, C5, RTE, TG4 and TV3. They are parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Great - and how do you think Sky will recoup these losses/charges ?

Charge US!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I hope the BBC carry out this proposal.
    Sky have had it their own way for far too long, about time they paid up for getting quality content to go along with the multitude of crap pay channels they offer to their long suffering subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭eggy81

Be great if this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭OldRio

Jon_459 wrote: »
    Great - and how do you think Sky will recoup these losses/charges ?

Charge US!!!

Well we do have the ability not to pay.
    Don't we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

remember the vast majority of people who have sky only watch rte and bbc and don't need to pay anything for them. I have a freesat+ box, planner, recording etc and its free. (bar initial equipment purchase)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Me too. Humax Foxsat HDR.
    I ditched Sky while they were still analogue on 19.2e.....a while ago now.

Advertisement